Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

American style fridge freezers-did they fit through your door?

(16 Posts)
Snowflakes1122 Fri 13-Jan-17 19:12:15

Sorry, no a aibu, but panicking.

Ordered an American style fridge freezer, and it's arriving tomorrow.

The freezer is 72cm at narrowest point, which is the same as the internal door to the kitchen. And I'd have to remove the actual door from the frame if I'm to stand any chance of getting it in.

For those of you who own one of these, did you encounter similar problems? How did you get around it?

Thegirlinthefireplace Fri 13-Jan-17 19:14:19

we had to take a door off but it was done very quickly by the delivery people (and put back on after obvs)

Thegirlinthefireplace Fri 13-Jan-17 19:15:49

Sorry, my point being it wasn't a biggie at all, not worth panicking over I don't think.

19lottie82 Fri 13-Jan-17 19:16:19

We took the door off the FF and reattached it in the kitchen.

Dawndonnaagain Fri 13-Jan-17 19:18:32

Another that took the door off the fridge freezer and re-assembled in the kitchen. Well, the delivery folk did it. No bother though and really quick.

Wolfiefan Fri 13-Jan-17 19:18:39

Corners were more of an issue. Does it need to be turned round a corner to get it in?

Snowflakes1122 Fri 13-Jan-17 19:19:10

Thanks.

I'm hoping Currys delivery people are helpful!

JsOtherHalf Fri 13-Jan-17 19:19:18

Ours managed to go through the doorway with the fridge freezer door fully opened , so the open door went first, then the rest of the freezer, then the remaining open door. It was on an angle though.

bbcessex Fri 13-Jan-17 19:32:40

Both doors and trim off

AlisonS13 Fri 13-Jan-17 19:42:06

Delivery guys removed fridge freezer doors and reinstalled in the kitchen.
They were from curry's and seemed to be used to the situation.

LagunaBubbles Fri 13-Jan-17 19:47:50

I bought mine second hand off EBay so no delivery men apart from my DH and a few friends, one of which had to take the front door off our house to get it in! But after that it was fine thankfully.

CheeseCrackersAndWine Fri 13-Jan-17 19:49:47

Ours got abandoned on our driveway as the delivery men were in a hurry, gave us the option of not delivering or just leaving outside (many complaints were made!) but my husband & his friend managed to maneovre it into our kitchen fine. I can't remember if they had to remove the door or not, but I'm sure it will be fine smile

TwatteryFlowers Fri 13-Jan-17 19:54:41

Fuck all fits through our stupidly narrow door. We have to take the window out to get anything in. Does my head in.

OrangeFluff Fri 13-Jan-17 19:57:05

Yep I very carefully measured the gap the fridge would go in, but completely overlooked whether it would fit through the door until delivery day! The delivery men just had to take the handles off the fridge with mine. Don't worry, I'd imagine they're used to doing it.

chinam Fri 13-Jan-17 20:03:47

Doors off here, too. The delivery men did it for a small tip.

Halle71 Fri 13-Jan-17 20:07:39

Ours fitted through our front door but we're stuffed now.
The builders had to take it through a door that is now blocked up following a kitchen extension - they basically built the kitchen around it. We have a dog leg bend in our hall to the kitchen so it can't be removed. Hoping it lasts until we sell in 3-4 years!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now