Talk

Advanced search

To think that if you are going away overnight you need more than a donkey and a train.

(11 Posts)
jimijack Fri 13-Jan-17 15:13:47

Clothing and maybe a toothbrush would be helpful.

Sweet Mary and Joseph I have never argued with anyone over a donkey and a train...ds 3...I'm looking at you....

FetchezLaVache Fri 13-Jan-17 15:16:18

Well, at least he wants to take a train with him! The aforementioned sweet Mary and Joseph only had the donkey... ;)

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Fri 13-Jan-17 15:20:49

If you have a donkey then you have all you need.

They have really soft ears.

jimijack Fri 13-Jan-17 15:24:19

But a donkey is not a clean pair of undies, a toothbrush or a pair of pjs now is it? Hmmm?
Now come on.

He is SO cute with his fireman Sam backpack telling me he is all ready! grin

BertrandRussell Fri 13-Jan-17 15:25:14

When my ds was about 10 he packed for a weekend away.

A guitar, some hair gel and a trilby.

jimijack Fri 13-Jan-17 15:25:37

I'm looking over the top of my glasses at him with my death stare and Everything.

Off to pack another bag of stuff now, secretly to avoid the tantrum.

jimijack Fri 13-Jan-17 15:26:26

Lol at a trilby, what a dude!

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 13-Jan-17 15:30:14

DD packs for herself at 6. It's an education. Around a thousand stuffies, a few books and some random crap from the kitchen.

steppemum Fri 13-Jan-17 15:48:12

dd1 is 11. She is year 7 and has been invited to sleepover at new friends house for her birthday.

Both dd and new Friend get school transport to school and live quite a way away. So dd needed to take her school bag plus her overnight bag into school on train today.

She is going for one night. She has a backpack with clothes in, and a massive thick enormous onsie. I suggested Pjs might take up less space and be easier to carry.
I got The Look.
Then as we were going out to car to go to the station I realised she had another bag. carrier bag with shoes in (which wouldn't fit in overnight bag because of the onsie) and her sleepers. Massive padded oversized monster slippers.
Why? Just why?

pithivier Fri 13-Jan-17 16:07:59

I once unpacked my GDs bag when she came to stay and found a potato peeler tucked up with her nightie. When I asked her about it, she said "because you could not find yours when I came last time"

Gramgram Fri 13-Jan-17 17:36:55

These stories remind me of the time I asked DGD aged two if we had everything to go to her music group. We already had puppets, change of clothes and some books. She ran off and came back clutching a large wooden Noah's ark spilling the animals everywhere. It took a lot of persuasion to get her to leave that behind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now