Talk

Advanced search

To want to just literally give up

(12 Posts)
Towanttocurlup Fri 13-Jan-17 13:58:25

2016 was the worst year of my life.Split with DH after 27 years together - awful break up.

Yesterday my car broke down 100 miles from home. Waited over 2 hrs for the RAC to arrive.

Today I went to the cash point to withdraw money for shopping & petrol. My phone rang so I forgot to take the cash. I realised within a minute but by then it was too late - some fucker had pocketed the money.

I really, really just want to curl up & not get up again.

ChicRock Fri 13-Jan-17 13:59:35

Did you go into the bank to see if anyone had handed it in?

HardofCleaning Fri 13-Jan-17 14:00:59

Oh no! flowers you poor thing. Have you spoken to the bank about the money, they might have CCTV combined with the bank info of who used the machine next? I vaguely recall that the the machine takes it back after a while if it hasn't been taken and puts it back into the account (fingers crossed).

Towanttocurlup Fri 13-Jan-17 14:01:02

It was at a supermarket & I went straight to customer services - nothing. Hung around for a while but again nothing.

ShowMePotatoSalad Fri 13-Jan-17 14:02:33

It's something like 15 seconds before the money gets swallowed by the machine again. Check your account in a day or so.

I'm sorry you've had such a bad year. flowers

ChicRock Fri 13-Jan-17 14:03:07

Ok you need to contact the police and your bank, the machine may have cctv on it or they can trace who used the machine next. The machine may have been one of those that sucked the cash back in if it wasn't taken after 30 seconds or so.

princessmouldilocks Fri 13-Jan-17 14:04:55

Keep on rocking hun, and there will be CCTV, check with your bank, maybe someone handed it in. If not bank and police. It won't get your money back,probably. Hopefully something fantastic is around the corner for you flowersflowers

TrustySnail Fri 13-Jan-17 14:05:06

I know how exactly how you feel - sometimes when you are already at your lowest ebb, it feels like someone 'up there' just can't resist piling more horrible things onto you just to be spiteful.

I don't really have any advice, but sending my sympathy and the hope that things will turn a corner for you sooner rather than later. flowers

Emmageddon Fri 13-Jan-17 14:12:31

Ring your bank, the money might not have been stolen.

Breaking up after 27 years with someone must be hard. flowers

By all means curl up today, make yourself a hot chocolate, light the fire, watch the rubbish afternoon movie on channel 5 and wallow.

Tomorrow things will look brighter. 2017 will be a better year. There was a reason for your marriage to end, so embrace your freedom, and start living life the way you want to.

Take care x

Magzmarsh Fri 13-Jan-17 14:16:39

No wonder you feel like giving up, you've had a terrible time. 2006 was the worst year of my life so far and 2016 was the best so far. I'm only saying that to hopefully illustrate that it can and does get better flowers

winkywinkola Fri 13-Jan-17 14:19:42

Wow. That is proper shit. What a horrible time you've been having. I'm sorry to hear it.

Yep. Wallow. Snuggle down. Be indulgent. Have hot choc. Call or text all your friends and enjoy the chat.

You need to really look after yourself now. Make sure you put yourself first.

TheWitTank Fri 13-Jan-17 14:21:38

I second ringing the bank first and checking your money hasn't been 'sucked' back in and not taken. If it HAS been taken, call the police. They will be able to access CCTV at the supermarket and see who took it and if they left in a car (could get the number plate). CCTV at supermarkets is usually pretty decent.
Hope you have a nice rest over the weekend and can start afresh Monday flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now