Talk

Advanced search

to wake the baby up

(7 Posts)
blondieblonde Fri 13-Jan-17 13:47:17

Our 20 month old has been really tricky these past weeks (partly because of trying to wean from breastfeeding), and was mucking about this lunchtime, and didn't get down to sleep until 1.15. I really enjoy taking both my children (the little one and my three year old) swimming on Friday pms, but to do this I'd now need to wake her up at 2, after only a 45 min nap. She usually has a few hours.

AIBU to wake her up and go swimming? Really annoyed with the little one's behaviour at the moment, refusing to do anything, and reluctant to let it ruin our fun afternoon.

twattymctwatterson Fri 13-Jan-17 14:19:14

YWBU. If she needs a couple of hours then she'll probably have a tantrum at swimming and it'll be a nightmare. Also you do realise that at 20 months she's not deliberately trying to annoy you?

DontTouchTheMoustache Fri 13-Jan-17 14:33:45

I wouldn't, she probably won't enjoy it if she is tired

DesignedForLife Fri 13-Jan-17 14:35:01

She'll probably be cranky and I nightmare. I wouldn't.

How do you manage swimming with 2?

Nottalotta Fri 13-Jan-17 14:35:41

I wouldn't. Ds is a crap napper, there is no way in hell I'd wake him, especially to go swimming! It would be disastrous.

Mummamayhem Fri 13-Jan-17 14:36:50

Oh god no, do something fun indoors just you and eldest. It's cold out, enjoy the peace.

saoirse31 Fri 13-Jan-17 15:04:15

God no, never wake a sleeping baby unless u have to....!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now