Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To not know where to make friends?

(8 Posts)
Rinmybell Fri 13-Jan-17 12:36:49

I am in the midst of separating from 'D'P and my 'friends' were all really his friends.
I had a great network of friends back home but a year ago I moved 200 miles away so the amount I see them is very limited and very difficult to keep up with them.
I had a baby 6 weeks ago and have a 4 year old so not working at the moment, and missing adult contact greatly.
I've tried with other nursery mums but they're so cliquey and I always hit a brick wall.
Once upon a time I was very social. I feel so lonely now sad

MamaBear13 Fri 13-Jan-17 12:42:27

sorry to hear you're feeling a bit alone and cut off. Have you tried Mush? It's an app for meeting other
mums in the area.

MamaBear13 Fri 13-Jan-17 12:44:21

Sorry, was trying to type with a toddler attached to me!! www.letsmush.com is the website.
Otherwise just keep trying to go to groups if you can. My local children's centre ran a post natal group which was great for meeting other mums who weren't already in some kind of clique.

Blue2014 Fri 13-Jan-17 12:48:30

Sillly question but why don't you move back ?

Rinmybell Fri 13-Jan-17 13:29:12

Blue2014

After leaving London I cannot afford to move back at all. I am not financially stable on my own as lost my job before maternity leave started.
If only!

MamaBear13 thank you! Never even heard of it. Have downloaded it now.

laSegundaPaloma Fri 13-Jan-17 14:06:19

Rinmy -sorry to hear this. Is your 4 year old at school yet? Surly you'll meet people there? Do as many baby groups as you can. Even if they're boring they get you out and about. Are you in a rural location now?

Blue2014 Fri 13-Jan-17 14:24:18

Sorry to hear that. Might also be worth trying the meetup app - it's not focussed on parents but may have something?

Rinmybell Fri 13-Jan-17 16:33:05

Paloma he starts school in September so am too hoping this makes it easier to meet people.
Not in a rural location but seems to be little available! Did enquire about groups with the health visitor but her response sort of was 'people don't really bother with that kind of thing round here' confused
I have just signed up to baby massage class for days DS1 is at nursery and trying out Mush so hopefully I get some adult conversation soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now