Advanced search

To call the police and report my cousins DH?

(118 Posts)
Badger84 Fri 13-Jan-17 11:41:02

More of a WWYD? My cousin married a bloke that had previously been in prison. None of our family know why he was in prison as apparently he doesn't want to discuss his past confused Now I'm not an expert on the law but it must have been something pretty bad as when he was released he was made to live in accommodation which had a warden and he had to have a curfew each night. He know lives with my cousin in a council flat.

They've had a baby together, neither of them work but they always seem to have really nice things - two cars, massive tv, brand new corner sofa, latest phones, all baby gear is expensive stuff.

He's not a nice bloke generally. Always fighting in town, the way he speaks to my aunty and uncle is vile.

I was told the other day that he is a drug dealer and that the reason why this person knows is because she lives opposite the house where he goes to do his "dealings". He is in and out within 5 mins and apparently this is the house where all the local junkies go to get their gear. At first I thought maybe he was just buying the drugs but now looking at their lifestyle I'm not so sure.

Part of me wants to ring the police and shop him, part of me thinks he's got a baby and that's not fair. So MN - WWYD?

CalmItKermitt Fri 13-Jan-17 11:42:20

I'd shop him.

UrethaFranklin Fri 13-Jan-17 11:43:34

I would keep out of it. You don't know that he is dealing, it's just what someone has told you. Even if he is, it isn't your business.

CockacidalManiac Fri 13-Jan-17 11:44:19

I'd shop him too.

HalfaFishFingerAndTwoPeas Fri 13-Jan-17 11:44:51


CockacidalManiac Fri 13-Jan-17 11:45:26

I would keep out of it. You don't know that he is dealing, it's just what someone has told you. Even if he is, it isn't your business.

Potential drug dealing is everyone's business. Let the police investigate him.

Ehlana Fri 13-Jan-17 11:45:26

Deffo report.

Badger84 Fri 13-Jan-17 11:46:34

Not it isn't my business you are right, but if he is doing it then it is illegal and potentially very dangerous thing to be bringing to his door?

Sweets101 Fri 13-Jan-17 11:46:59

What are you reporting him for sorry? Buying or selling? At the house of a neighbour of a friend or at your cousins home?
You can report it anonymously through crime stoppers if you feel more comfortable

GreenTureen Fri 13-Jan-17 11:47:08

Even if he is, it isn't your business

This isn't the same as 'keeping out of it' if you suspect a couple is fiddling single parent benefits. Yes that's not great, but it's not something i'd get involved in if I suspected.

Drug dealers kill people. They ruin lives, of the users and everyone around them. Their own dc (if they have any) are often hugely at risk due to the enviornment they're in.

Yes, I would shop someone if I suspected they were dealing.

DearMrDilkington Fri 13-Jan-17 11:48:05

I'd report it.

Children shouldn't be brought up around drugs. It only takes one small packet to fall out of his pocket for a crawling baby to find and swallow.

5000candlesinthewind Fri 13-Jan-17 11:48:35

I would definitely report him. It's not just him dealing from the sounds of it.

DearMrDilkington Fri 13-Jan-17 11:48:39

What does shop him mean?blush

GreenTureen Fri 13-Jan-17 11:49:45

It means to report him to the police, pp.

Badger84 Fri 13-Jan-17 11:49:46

Can I do it annonymously? Because the thought of the repercussions of he found out it was me are terrifying

Nabootique Fri 13-Jan-17 11:49:53

Potential drug dealing is everyone's business.

Absolutely this. What if everyone took the "it's none of my business" stance?

Reality16 Fri 13-Jan-17 11:50:31

You are deluded if you think you can 'shop' him. Hearing a rumour that he is a drug dealer isn't enough. It is highly likely that the police already know who the dealers are on their patch. A phone call from someone saying X is dealing will lead to nothing. I would be more inclined to talk to my cousin and try and get her out of a potentially very dangerous situation.

elQuintoConyo Fri 13-Jan-17 11:51:32

Definitely shop him.

Dealers are scum.

Sweets101 Fri 13-Jan-17 11:51:37

You can do it anonymously via 101 or crime stoppers.

HyacinthsBucket Fri 13-Jan-17 11:51:59

Report him using Crimestoppers online. If you're worried about doing it from your own PC, then use one at the local library or work.

elQuintoConyo Fri 13-Jan-17 11:52:22

DearMrDilkington shop = report.

Sweets101 Fri 13-Jan-17 11:55:12

Find out the actual address where it's happening before you report it
Funnily enough police don't mind people passing on info. Doesn't mean they'll be planning a raid or anything but it'seems best to pass the info on and let them decide what to do with it

Badger84 Fri 13-Jan-17 11:55:13

Reality - I wouldn't call it a rumour. The person who told me lives opposite the place where it happens - she seems him go into the house and come out 5 mins later. She said this happens a few times a week. Surely if he was visiting someone he would be staying for longer.

JustSpeakSense Fri 13-Jan-17 11:56:17

I would report anyone dealing drugs, the fact that he is a family members DH is irrelevant.

I have seen drugs destroy lives, I couldn't live with myself if I didn't report it.

Badger84 Fri 13-Jan-17 11:56:46

She also told me that the people that live there are a group of guys, ranging from 20's through to 40's. So not like he's taking shopping for a little old lady!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: