Talk

Advanced search

To be absolutely agog at Raquel Welch's appearance

(117 Posts)
kitnkaboodle Thu 12-Jan-17 23:29:12

... on Piers Morgan. She's 76 ffs, and doesn't actually look too artificial shock

ImperialBlether Thu 12-Jan-17 23:31:26

Raquel Welch at her son's wedding. She arrived late, causing a stir. I think her DIL's face says it all.

grin

DonkeyOaty Thu 12-Jan-17 23:34:58

Wearing black and with her tits out. Freud would have had a lot to say about that, methinks.

But yes she looks great being tall helps as do good genes

StrangeLookingParasite Thu 12-Jan-17 23:36:24

Jeez, how desperate for attention would you need to be to do that to your DIL? Sad cow.

kitnkaboodle Thu 12-Jan-17 23:40:12

... she certainly looks better than Burton Reynolds - on the same programme. Holy cow! Do these Hollywood people not have anyone sensible around them to tell them when they look that bad ..?

kitnkaboodle Thu 12-Jan-17 23:41:03

Burt, obv ...

toomanypetals Thu 12-Jan-17 23:44:01

Absolute narcissist to do that on your son's wedding day. Disgraceful woman sad

Birdsgottafly Thu 12-Jan-17 23:54:14

Well the marriage lasted two years, I wonder what it was like being her DIL.

It was 27 years ago, so she was 49, still looked great, though.

I think she let herself down.

kitnkaboodle Thu 12-Jan-17 23:58:53

On Piers Morgan she said that she had a demure mother of the groom outfit (hence the white hat), but when she saw the number of paparazzi she changed so as to make some sort of ironic statement confused

NeedsAsockamnesty Fri 13-Jan-17 00:01:07

She has not got her tits out in that picture.

It's a fairly regular dress neck style

perfumedlife Fri 13-Jan-17 00:04:15

I didn't see her on Graham Norton but she looks fab as mother of the groom and why the hell would a woman have to hide her beauty just because her son was getting married? She isn't flashing flesh, she just looks fab.

CaraAspen Fri 13-Jan-17 00:07:27

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Formerpigwrestler9 Fri 13-Jan-17 00:15:01

she looks pretty damn good, great genes and bone structure obviously but she's had work done of course, it looks great

I cant see what's revolting, unless you find the idea of someone looking youthful at 76 inherently revolting?

ThumbWitchesAbroad Fri 13-Jan-17 00:15:22

"why the hell would a woman have to hide her beauty just because her son was getting married?"

She shouldn't - but on the other hand, she shouldn't wear a dress that grabs everyone's attention and completely upstage her DIL-to-be on her wedding day, that's just bloody rude.

TinklyLittleLaugh Fri 13-Jan-17 00:15:59

So was her "demure mother of the groom" outfit white to match the hat then? DiL would've loved that even more I expect.

kitnkaboodle Fri 13-Jan-17 00:22:30

I guess so! I know it sounds bitchy, but I don't think the bride's outfit is all that great! That headdress ...

pigsDOfly Fri 13-Jan-17 00:24:30

So is 49 years old the age at which a woman qualifies as an 'old bat' these days CaraAspen; as pp pointed out, that's how old she was when that photo was taken.

Agree her dress was inappropriate, but revolting?

BitOutOfPractice Fri 13-Jan-17 00:29:43

I think the work she's had done looks awful. Like a mask. And she usually wears a wig by the looks of it.

So I'd say she's just looking her actual age, but With work done.

BitOutOfPractice Fri 13-Jan-17 00:31:28

I don't think the work she's had done is great. It's awful. Like a mask. And it looks like she usually wears a wig.

So I think she just looks her age, but with work

LittleIda Fri 13-Jan-17 00:31:54

The bride's outfit probably didn't look dated 27 years ago though.

BitOutOfPractice Fri 13-Jan-17 00:31:59

Sorry about the double post. It said it had failed first time

pigsDOfly Fri 13-Jan-17 00:36:01

Looks as if she's had a lot of work done, several times; her mouth has that look that gives the impression it's been lifted so many times it won't close properly.

Looks like Barbie's granny.

TaraCarter Fri 13-Jan-17 00:43:01

She looked absolutely fantastic at that wedding, if that photo upthread is anything to go by. I'm 20 years younger and I would love to look that good.

That said, I don't think it was suitable as a mother-of-the-groom outfit, no. Even if she wasn't trying to upstage the bride, she looked like she was.

Formerpigwrestler9 Fri 13-Jan-17 00:44:04

ok, pigsDOfly and BitOutOfPractice you find her aesthetically unappealing
fair enough

but why the vitriol? it's as if you feel personally insulted by her appearance

BitOutOfPractice Fri 13-Jan-17 00:52:31

There was no vitriol in my post. And I never even said whether I thought she looks good or not. I said she'd had a lot of work done and wears a wig and that she just looks her age. Where is the vitriol there? I wish I had her looks. But I don't think she's looking like she does now because of good genes as has been stated here.

Other posters have been much more vitriolic about her calling her an old bag and a disgrace. Not me though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now