Talk

Advanced search

Second opinion after a smear

(2 Posts)
OopsDearyMe Thu 12-Jan-17 22:39:02

OK I am one of those people who always thinks they have cancer, but here me out. I just had a smear and it came back fine.

However, I have used implants for almost 12 years and never bled, which is the reason I still have them even tho I'm not currently sexually active. Since June I have been bleeding every other week. I had a similar spell in Jan last year but only for 6wks then all settled down,at the time I went to family planning and they assured me it was nothing and a one off , this was AFTER the bleeds tho.
Now I have put off going back in case they say the same thing. Anyway my smear was due and I had it done, i was certain something would be mentioned as I also noticed recently a lump just inside my vagina. I thought the nurse would tell me to get that looked at anyway, but she said nothing about it. This made me think it must be nothing and I am winding myself up. Now the smear is clear.

I should stop worrying shouldn't I?

Flopsypopsy Thu 12-Jan-17 22:41:06

I would speak to your GP about all your fears but the good news is, your smear was normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now