Talk

Advanced search

Further broken sleep

(6 Posts)
Stripeyblanket Thu 12-Jan-17 09:10:17

Just wondering if I'm BU or if DH is.
We have 1 DS. I went part time when I returned from Mat leave so I could have more time at home. The way it works is a bit unusual as despite being part time, I'll work between 30-40 hours when I am scaled for work but then I'll have anywhere between a week and a half to three weeks off. It averages to 18.5 hours a week.
Some of my shifts are night shifts. My DH is finding this awkward as he has a new job (not used to commuting and used to work from home) and obviously on certain shifts he has to do either the pick up or drop off at our child minder. If he does drop off, this can add 1hr onto his commute. It's not often he has to do this.
His employer are aware and are being flexible.
The issue I have is that I have a run of night shifts coming up and my DS will need to be at childminders for 5 days that week. DH thinks it reasonable for me to get home at 4.30am have an hours sleep (by the time I'm in, changed etc) and get up at 6am with DS and take him to childminders for 8am probably getting home for 9am to go back to bed. This adds 3 hours onto my day whereas he only has an extra hour on his commute. He has also had a full nights sleep so is probably safer to drive. I go straight to bed when I get in off a night shift as I can't stay awake.
AIBU for not wanting to try this?

InfinityPlusOne Thu 12-Jan-17 09:13:13

When you are working your husband should be helping out with pickups/drop offs. Surely he realises it's not safe for you or your DS for you to be driving on one hr of sleep? You are not at all unreasonable to say no to that ridiculous proposal.

MLGs Thu 12-Jan-17 09:18:34

He is being U. Obviously it's much safer for him to drive in those circs. You might do it as a single parent but not when there's someone else about.

Its amazing how some people think it's OK to put a massive inconvenience onto someone else to avoid a much smaller inconvenience to themselves.

Stripeyblanket Thu 12-Jan-17 09:29:00

Thanks peeps. Think he's just having a bad day. He's just apologised and realises he's BU. grin

NavyandWhite Thu 12-Jan-17 09:37:01

What! That sounds terrible OP.

NavyandWhite Thu 12-Jan-17 09:37:41

Oh sorry just saw that he's sorry and BU.
Good wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now