Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that SIL is being a knob?

(8 Posts)
ChuffCloud Wed 11-Jan-17 21:57:38

So we've been informed by FIL that SIL is upset that we didn't reveal to her sooner that we were pregnant, as she asked us to go on away to the lakes. We didn't give a decision as there is no deadline to book as it's a property she owns and I've had quite a scary pregnancy so far. There was an increased chance bump wouldn't make it due to complications so we only told parents. She has been one of the first to know since passing 12 weeks and we told her before 12 week scan but is still very upset by us not saying sooner.

We really didn't want to have to explain if we'd lost the baby and tbh I'm pretty upset by what I think is pretty selfish behaviour.

RedastheRose Wed 11-Jan-17 22:00:51

YANBU it. Is absolutely your decision when to tell people about your pregnancy. Who the F* even says otherwise. She needs to get over herself.

wannabestressfree Wed 11-Jan-17 22:01:07

Just ignore......
and relax with bump smile congrats

fc301 Wed 11-Jan-17 22:01:16

Yep she's a knob. Either she's very selfish (booking a holiday - who cares) or she's got her own personal shit going on (is she ttc ?).

IfYouDontImagineNothingHappens Wed 11-Jan-17 22:01:42

How attention speaking, she needs to get a grip.

Enkopkaffetak Wed 11-Jan-17 22:01:48

Nope not being Unreasonable your SIL is being a knob. HTH grin

TheresABluebirdOnMyShoulder Wed 11-Jan-17 22:04:54

Yeah she is a knob. But so is your FIL for shit stirring.

I'd have a chat with her and call her out, or if you don't want to speak face to face send her a text, something like "FIL says you're upset that we didn't tell you our baby news sooner because of the holiday. I'm not going to get into details because it's very personal, but this pregnancy is not an easy one and we had our reasons for keeping quiet as long as we did. To be honest the holiday was nowhere near the top of our priorities at the time and I hoped you would understand this. Please, if you have an issue with us in the future just speak to us about it. It's not nice to feel as though your family are moaning about you behind your back."

ChuffCloud Wed 11-Jan-17 22:26:31

Yes I agree about FIL and said that to DH. Either SIL shouldn't have said anything to him or FIL shouldn't have told us. Puts us in an awkward position.

SIL may be ttc, not sure. She usually doesn't like to be beaten to major life achievements by other siblings and part if me wonders if that's a part of it but haven't mentioned that to DH as I think that may be me being bitchy! DH is going to speak to her tomorrow I think. Families!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now