Talk

Advanced search

to be hoping for THUNDERSNOW tomorrow

(145 Posts)
roseshippy Wed 11-Jan-17 21:24:52

Motherfucking thundersnow.

Now that's some proper weather.

Keepingupwiththejonesys Wed 11-Jan-17 21:25:53

I would be if I didn't have to walk to the midwife and back with a 4 and 2 year old. I'm sure they will love it though!

Boogers Wed 11-Jan-17 21:26:00

Why do I have ACDC in my head right now? smile

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Wed 11-Jan-17 21:26:38

I would if I didn't have to travel 14 miles on public transport not to mention avoiding falling over

user1471451564 Wed 11-Jan-17 21:27:50

rosehippy : love it grin

Chippednailvarnishing Wed 11-Jan-17 21:29:19

Great, just think of all the extra old people falling over and ending up in A&E...

Ilovetorrentialrain Wed 11-Jan-17 21:31:04

I'm hoping for thundersnow too - it's lovely when that happens. Last did here (North West England) in March last year.

It is pretty amazing to watch. Seen it a few years ago.
Looking forward to having some snow although once it's slushy and the car park behind my house has become compacted and turned into an ice rink while the rest of the town has thawed I'll be complaining about it

WorldsSmallestPatio Wed 11-Jan-17 21:32:04

I always think that there's no reason to go out if you're not going to work.

I can fall over on a flat pavement so will be staying inside grin

It just clutters up the roads, pavements, supermarkets. Stay the fuck home faller-overs! (Unless you have to go out)

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Wed 11-Jan-17 21:33:58

I want to buy a white cat and call it Thundersnow.
I imagine that it would terrorize the neighbourhood

Mermaidinthesea Wed 11-Jan-17 21:37:43

Can't wait I hope it chucks it down I love snow and bad weather. Also I might be able to get off work early :-) One year my boss refused to let me go early until it was too late and I ended up sleeping on my clinic couch in the same clothes for two days, I was livid. It's not like I had any patients - they all cancelled.

liz70 Wed 11-Jan-17 21:40:00

"I always think that there's no reason to go out if you're not going to work."

Umm… taking children to and from school? hmm

mambono5 Wed 11-Jan-17 21:40:34

Oh yes, but please, could it snow at night so we get stuck at home as opposed to tomorrow evening when I struggle to go home? The trains won't get stuck, they aren't any, they are on strike, but still a brilliant excuse to stay at home.

(sorry for the people working shifts, night snow is not helping you)

Honeyandfizz Wed 11-Jan-17 21:43:26

Being a community nurse snow is a major pain in the ass. That coupled with the fact that 99% of my patients have COPD and are very fragile I really really hate the bad weather. Great if you get to stay home and look at it but otherwise yabu.

Bluntness100 Wed 11-Jan-17 21:46:01

Snow inconveniences a lot of people, we can't get out, we can't do what we need to do, it makes driving scary and dangerous, so yeah, it's unreasonable, because it's not fun for everyone, for some it's hard and it's dangerous and that's worth remembering, it's not all me, me me.

llangennith Wed 11-Jan-17 21:49:58

Yeh but mainly because we rarely get snow in Penarth.

WorldsSmallestPatio Wed 11-Jan-17 21:50:47

liz - I class that as 'work' winkgrin

Sahp's work wink

HateSummer Wed 11-Jan-17 21:52:12

Last time I saw thunder snow was in 2002. I'd love to see thunder snow again and show my kids, it's an amazing sight.

I don't think it's snowing here tomorrow though 🤔😒

CommunionHelp Wed 11-Jan-17 21:54:25

YANBU. My 7 year old will probably pass out with joy at the mere concept of Thundersnow.

Collymollypuff Wed 11-Jan-17 21:57:04

grin Breakfast - I have a wonderful horse called Thundersnow. in my head

TronaldDump Wed 11-Jan-17 21:57:07

I wish there was a 'like' button for your post, op. DS (3) has never seen snow and it would make his life! But we're in the south west so I expect we'lol just get lots and lots of cold rain angry

HappyFlappy Wed 11-Jan-17 21:59:07

Our dogs are young and have never seen real snow - I look forward to them bounding about joyfully in it as I sit indoors drinking hot chocolate and watching them through the window .

Earlgreywithmilk Wed 11-Jan-17 21:59:21

God I'm dreading it. Having to find 4 pairs of Wellies/snow boots that fit and then arsing about putting the school shoes in bags, trudging to school freezing your tits off, fearing for your life every time you go out in the car - only for it to turn to brown sludge that lingers until April after 2 days?
If it's not going to snow at friggin Christmas it should just piss off and be done with it.

You missed your window, snow

HelenaGWells Wed 11-Jan-17 22:00:52

If we get all of the snow and schools are closed that would be nice then I can spend the day hiding under my duvet, lovely.

Grindelwaldswand Wed 11-Jan-17 22:01:15

We're expecting snow here (North Yorks) in the next few hours, its already started up on the dales and we're on an amber weather alert grin it makes getting to work difficult but it's so nice to walk in we love snow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now