Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To have a little cry after falling down the stairs?

(16 Posts)
ohmygodyouguys Wed 11-Jan-17 21:05:53

Admittedly it was just the last three, my foot somehow slipped and I bashed both arms and my lower back. It hurt! DH called down to ask if I was OK as I'd made a bit of a racket then came and helped me up. Then the tears started a little bit and he started teasing saying "there's no need for tears". Oh yes cos I started crying by choice! Anyway have told him teasing someone for crying when they hurt themselves is unhelpful and nothing but hugs is acceptable! To be fair he did get me painkillers to take just in case so he wasn't totally unhelpful. Any other men say equally unhelpful things when their other halves have accidents?

DailyFail1 Wed 11-Jan-17 21:17:17

Opposite situation here. I'm not an emotional person and so will sometimes say unhelpful or weird things when dh cries. He cried when he fractured his hand during sex (long, long story lol) and I said be thankful it wasn't your cock. blush

Wolfiefan Wed 11-Jan-17 21:19:49

Oh no OP. Of course you can cry if you're hurt. It must also have been a shock. Only sympathy and an ice pack are acceptable.

NoCapes Wed 11-Jan-17 21:20:40

DailyFail grin

Bless you OP I think with things like falling down the stairs it's the shock and actual scariness of it happening that makes us cry

I'm the opposite and I never cry in front of people, so when I do they shit themselves and kind of shuffle their feet awkwardly and don't know what to do
That's helpful hmm

NoCapes Wed 11-Jan-17 21:21:02

Hope you're ok btw flowers

ginsparkles Wed 11-Jan-17 21:23:13

Tell him there's lots of need for tears... i fell down the stairs, headed off to work, as the pain got worse I grinned and put up with it. Finally gave in and went to the hospital. I had broken my spine in two places.

Falling down the stairs is horrendously painful! A cry and a hug is certainly in order!

tigerdriverII Wed 11-Jan-17 21:23:50

I think it's a bit of panic really. I slipped over and bashed up my knees the other day. I felt awful all day and was pretty flakey when I saw DH that evening. He was a bit confused why I was still discombobulated and kept saying that he was amazed that I felt like that. Later on though he was sympathetic and said that he guessed it was shock - that's what I thought. But just being cuddly first doesn't come naturally. He had to think his way round it.

tigerdriverII Wed 11-Jan-17 21:24:51

And yes, sorry: hope you're no more than a bit shaken up flowers

BusyBeez99 Wed 11-Jan-17 21:25:29

I fell up the stairs today at work. Hurt ankle and arm. Teach me for trying to carry too much in one go (laptop and shopping)!

peeinthepotty Wed 11-Jan-17 21:33:16

I like long stories dailyfail

Do tell!

ohmygodyouguys Wed 11-Jan-17 21:34:45

I'm OK thanks, think my back will be a bit sore tomorrow but I've got a hot water bottle on it just now and it's not feeling too bad just now. Gin that sounds so painful, I'm amazed you could carry on for as long as you did with your spine being broken in two places!

HelenaJustina Wed 11-Jan-17 21:38:47

My DDad used to be cross with us for injuring ourselves! Mum said it was because he loved us and was cross that we were hurt... but you certainly didn't go to him for sympathy!

ginsparkles Wed 11-Jan-17 21:39:10

So was the doctor to be honest! It was almost exactly 12 months ago now. I was very lucky it could have been much worse. Take care of yourself and be careful on the stairs!! smile

londonrach Wed 11-Jan-17 21:43:35

Daily fail...thats a story you need to tell!

Efferlunt Wed 11-Jan-17 21:47:47

I fell down a flight of stairs and my DH stepped over my prone body and the pool of blood to go to work! He's generally great but has no idea how to react if others are hurt. Sometimes people react strangely to tricky situations.

Sassypants82 Wed 11-Jan-17 21:54:06

I slipped on wet leaves in December (I'm pregnant) & went down on my hands & knees. Cut my palm & scratched up my knees. I sobbed like a baby. It's the shock. DH rang me just after & thought I'd been attacked. I couldn't speak I was crying so heartily. I would never usually cry at something like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now