Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to feel a little annoyed this woman googled my husband?

(181 Posts)
farmerswifey33 Wed 11-Jan-17 20:34:29

My husband is handsome. I often look at him and wonder what he's doing with a plain Jane like me 🙄 Our whole relationship I've had to deal with other women openly flirting with him.
He never flirts back, he's incredibly awkward around people (men included tbh) he'd much rather be in his tractor or with his herd of cattle 😆 We have a very loving relationship and I trust him 100%
Anyway, we've been happily married 12yrs and have a lovely life with 2 primary aged children. He is very rarely in the playground, I'm a sahm so do all the school stuff. A few of my mummy friends have commented that I have a very handsome husband but I laugh it off and tell them they wouldn't put up with his obsession with all things farming and never being able to go on nice holidays because he won't leave his animals etc.
However, the other day a school mum friend stopped me in the playground and told me she had seen my husband in his tractor and they had waved at him. Then, she said something very odd. Whilst giggling she said she had gone home and googled him then proceeded to tell me what articles he's been in and she found a picture of him in the local paper from 2006. I honestly didn't know what to say. Why the hell is she googling my husband?? Is this normal? I'm guessing it might be but why tell me?
I now feel a bit sick about it. I told dh and he said she was a weirdo!
AIBU to feel a little uneasy? Thinking of keeping my distance with her 😕

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Wed 11-Jan-17 20:35:54

She's deranged.

Think of her as 'weird stalker lady' from now on.

Loaferloveforyou Wed 11-Jan-17 20:37:53

hmmwho does that and tells the wife

Your husband sounds lovely, just laugh it off and feel pleased smug that you have all you need and don't need to go googling other women's husbands.

LostMyDotBrain Wed 11-Jan-17 20:38:32

Was your response "well that's a bit creepy"? Because it should have been!

Magzmarsh Wed 11-Jan-17 20:38:41

What a nutjob. Avoid!!!!

Purplebluebird Wed 11-Jan-17 20:38:46

Huh, that is very strange behaviour! Definitely weird stalker lady. I'm curious to see your husband now though, maybe I'll google him...

OfaFrenchmind2 Wed 11-Jan-17 20:39:03

Ignore the crazzzyyyyyyyy!
And congrats on the hunk, I am sure you are seeling yourself short!

Chloe84 Wed 11-Jan-17 20:39:44

Googling people is very normal now!

What's not normal is telling the person you've googled (or their wife) that you've Googled them.

I hate being Googled though and I try and have no online presence and this is why I'm not on LinkedIn, etc.

Having said that, I wouldn't be inviting her to dinner in case she set her cap at my husband!

SuperTrumper Wed 11-Jan-17 20:40:07

I'd mention it to her husband the next time he does the school run!

SleepFreeZone Wed 11-Jan-17 20:40:31

I guess she either spoke before she engaged her brain or it was a very peculiar way of telling you you are very lucky and assuming you'd be flattered.

Whocansay Wed 11-Jan-17 20:40:32

I wouldn't know what to say to that! I'd be quite taken aback to be honest! She probably didn't mean any harm though as she told you, but yes, it's a bit weird.

I wouldn't distance myself at this stage, but would proceed with caution to see if she did anything else odd.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Wed 11-Jan-17 20:41:14

Googling is fine.
Admitting googling is weird

EllaHen Wed 11-Jan-17 20:42:42

You should have asked her to repeat what she said. That would give you time to perfect your shock face.

And then again for good measure.

Ohsotired123 Wed 11-Jan-17 20:43:19

What super said, say you've also been doing some googling and got the idea from his wife who googled your husband.

farmerswifey33 Wed 11-Jan-17 20:43:28

I think in my head it's possibly normal to google people. I've done it but not because I feel attracted to that person! There was a really dodgy family that moved to the village and I googled them 🙈 I just don't understand why she told me!?!?! To make me feel threatened?
Glad I'm not the only one to find her behaviour odd!!
If you're curious about my dh he has been described as a better looking version of Steve Jones (presenter of F1) 😉

Lorelei76 Wed 11-Jan-17 20:43:30

Id have said right out "you googled him? You're a weirdo".

In fact I recommend saying that if she mentions it again.

I'm afraid she will prob try to contact him but I imagine you thought of that too. So I'd let him know, if he's searchable on social media.

SorrelSoup Wed 11-Jan-17 20:44:57

Better looking than Steve Jones, you say! smile

MontePulciana Wed 11-Jan-17 20:45:33

She is so weird for telling you she Googled him, but I'm just laughing! I bet she feels like a pillock now and has realised how odd she must have come across!

Frouby Wed 11-Jan-17 20:46:02

My dd made friends with the dd of a minor local celebrity last year. I didn't have a fecking clue who he was so googled. Actually realised I did know of him and told dd 'oh I know who X's dad is now, I googled him and have heard him on the radio'.

I only googled as dd had been invited for tea and this was a new year 7 friendship and I am a nosey fucker.

Collected dd from tea and she informed me she had told the dad I had googled him. I have sent dp since then. I am a weird stalker lady too. Sigh.

farmerswifey33 Wed 11-Jan-17 20:46:22

I didn't know what to say!! Laughed awkwardly and then discussed the article she had seen him in briefly because I didn't know what else to do!!

CoffeeDiamonds Wed 11-Jan-17 20:46:44

Well I don't know what she found, because when I googled your DH I didn't find anything confused

StillStayingClassySanDiego Wed 11-Jan-17 20:47:25

I'm a bit of a nosey bugger so would google anything that aroused my natural curiosity.

I'd never admit it though and her telling you is a bit daft but I wouldn't overthink it.

Ilovecaindingle Wed 11-Jan-17 20:48:09

Wear your wedding ring with pride grin
And ignore the green eyes monster she is!

Boundaries Wed 11-Jan-17 20:48:15

Maybe she thought he was Steve Jones? <helpful>

no idea who Steve Jones is

AddToBasket Wed 11-Jan-17 20:48:51

Someone told me they'd googled me yesterday. I didn't think it was weird, I thought it was normal.

It is lovely that you think your DH is so desirable! However, I think you may be a bit biased...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now