Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to give up this client?

(16 Posts)
joeythenutter Wed 11-Jan-17 19:23:24

Would like others opinions on this. I work as a domestic cleaner. One client I have for 6 months, older female, I clean for 4 hours fortnightly.

She is in the house with me for an hour, then leaves for 2 and half hours, then back half an hour before I leave.

While I was cleaning last time, and she was out, one of her grandchildren called in, asked was she in, told them no. They stayed 15mins then left. Fair enough. As I was doing some ironing, I noticed clients brother watching me from outside a window behind me. He was standing peering in through at me. I went over and he asked for his sister. I told him she was out. He knows she goes out every time I clean. This is the 4th time this has happened. On other occasions he has come into the house and I have found him standing behind me while I was hoovering. Every time he asks is his sister in and I give the same answer, no.

Am I wrong in thinking that she is sending him to check up on me or is he just weird. I have not said anything to client only that he called round to see her. I am not one to sit down and relax while a client is out, and feel if they are trying to catch me out, they will be trying for a long time.

I get on really well with client and we chat about everything and anything, but sometimes feel she has me doing things that I shouldnt really be doing like putting up curtains, taking down decorations, defrosting freezer, etc

WIBU to give her up as i have a long waiting list of other people needing cleaning?

user892 Wed 11-Jan-17 19:25:53

Talk to her or give her an excuse. If you won't miss her custom financially then maybe just trust your gut?

zombiesarecoming Wed 11-Jan-17 19:27:20

Drop the latch or lock the door after she has gone out so the weirdo can't get in

If questioned just say you locked it while you used the loo as you felt unsafe leaving it unlocked whilst otherwise engaged

Whocansay Wed 11-Jan-17 20:04:40

This sounds very odd. I'd just say it isn't working out and move on. Not worth the hassle.

Ilovecaindingle Wed 11-Jan-17 20:08:13

Maybe he is plucking up the courage to ask you for your number? shock
Seriously if he is odd it's not the ways fault? Just ask her of its OK you have the door closed when she is out as a safety measure?

joeythenutter Wed 11-Jan-17 20:31:06

She said on one occasion to lock the door, but the way I look at it, he should not be sneaking round. I do not have to lock the door in any other property I clean so why should I.

I feel they are just checking up on me, so client does not trust me.
I have given her no reason not to.

S1lentAllTheseYears Wed 11-Jan-17 23:15:00

It's up to you, I think.

Either ask her straight, is she asking him to check up on you because otherwise you find it odd that he keeps turning up at a time he knows she'll be out. If she says yes, quit. If no, ask her to remind him she's out at those times and tell him not to sneak up on you. If he does it again, quit and tell her why.

Or, just quit anyway (which is probably what I'd do as I am a wuss!)

Ohdearducks Wed 11-Jan-17 23:18:19

He sounds a right weirdo! You should just ask her if there's any problem as the brother keeps creeping around. I'd jump 20 foot if someone sneaked up on me while hoovering.

ChasedByBees Wed 11-Jan-17 23:22:46

I would lock the door anyway. Your client has asked you to - what if someone else is an opportunistic thief and is able to enter the house because the door isn't locked?

She might not know that he is doing this but it sounds weird.

tillytown Wed 11-Jan-17 23:25:01

That's creepy, trust your gut and get away from the weirdness

Mistletoekids Wed 11-Jan-17 23:26:56

Yes trust your gut he sound odd

MillionToOneChances Wed 11-Jan-17 23:27:07

If she's said to lock the door, lock the door. Maybe they piss her off too, wandering in all the time, and she's trying to spare you.

Foxysoxy01 Wed 11-Jan-17 23:38:24

That's very odd behaviour from him and tbh if she has said to lock the door maybe she is telling you to keep him out for whatever reason?

I would discuss it with her and keep door locked till then.

previously1474907171 Wed 11-Jan-17 23:53:17

Lock the door, and close the blinds or curtains so he can't peer in.

TitaniasCloset Wed 11-Jan-17 23:53:52

Yes interesting that she told you to lock the door. He sounds very strange.

Fabellini Wed 11-Jan-17 23:55:57

If client has told you that you can lock the door, then I'd do it. I'd also assume if she's said that, then she isn't sending him to check up on you, because as far as she's aware, no one can get into the house...because the doors locked!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now