Talk

Advanced search

To not really find this very funny? (Facebook related)

(105 Posts)
SuperTrumper Wed 11-Jan-17 17:58:21

Have name changed for this.

I have an acquaintance, a guy on FB, who today was tagged in a few photos uploaded by his partner.

The photos were of their DD's dolls all in sexual positions scattered around her doll house. Doggy style, reverse cowgirl (god knows how I know that), a guy doll receiving oral sex and a "helping hand", and a girl doll receiving oral sex from a soft toy dog. All of the female dolls were naked in said positions.

The dad had apparently done it when tidying up his DDs toys and judging from the Facebook post his partner found it hilarious, as did a lot of her friends who commented on the photos.

She wrote that her DD hadn't asked her what the dolls were doing but "laughed and pointed them out" to her mum. The DD is about 5 or 6.

I don't really find it funny at all and it would horrify me if my DD woke up and saw her dolls in that way, I know their minds are innocent but at that age they (should) know where their private parts are and hence where a doll's private parts are, and I would imagine seeing one of their dolls stark naked legs apart with a dog in between them would be a bit confusing??

Or am I just being a prude and overreacting ?

Sweets101 Wed 11-Jan-17 17:59:58

I wouldn't like it of they were left like that and my DD saw them tbh

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Wed 11-Jan-17 18:01:24

No thats dreadful

trollspoopglitter Wed 11-Jan-17 18:01:29

I wonder how funny they will find it if their child tries to reposition any toys in school, mimicking her father.

Soubriquet Wed 11-Jan-17 18:02:00

Hmmmm I don't know

My dh has done the same sort of thing..

Like today he did Chase mounting Sky doggy style but Dd didn't really understand and didn't blink twice whilst he sat pissing himself in the corner.

I think if they are young and don't really pay attention it's not too bad.

When they start noticing and asking what they are doing, it's time to stop

CottonSock Wed 11-Jan-17 18:03:36

I'd probably find it funny

gamerchick Wed 11-Jan-17 18:04:38

I wonder how funny they will find it if their child tries to reposition any toys in school, mimicking her father

Yeah and that has a strong chance of happening. Maybe you should point that out.

Soubriquet Wed 11-Jan-17 18:05:59

Here is what dh did

Dd is 3. Didn't really notice apart from telling daddy to stop playing with her toys

Dogivemeabreak Wed 11-Jan-17 18:06:04

How incredibly pathetic. All these 12 year olds shouldn't be having children.

dawnc27 Wed 11-Jan-17 18:07:36

my hubbys always doing this, although he doesnt leave them for the kids to find.
i find it quite amusing, in fact i took pics and used as my fb pic for a while but i do have a warped sense of humour ( got the most likes of all my pics tho!)

ailPartout Wed 11-Jan-17 18:07:45

I'd say it was immature and not funny that he did it. Wouldn't lead me to write a thread about it but would certainly think 'twat'.

I think it's worse that the child saw the toys in those positions.

dingdongdigeridoo Wed 11-Jan-17 18:08:16

At first I thought 'eh, it's just silly fun'. Then I saw that the DD had seen the dolls. Yeah that's pretty weird. Kids often mimic stuff that their parents think is funny and it could well cause them problems.

SuperTrumper Wed 11-Jan-17 18:09:32

Soubriquet I don't have as much of an issue with it if the child is younger as I don't think a 3 year old will even register that the dolls have been "tampered with". The 5/6 year old in my OP clearly did notice as she pointed it out to her mum and laughed, i would just be uncomfortable with what their DD is thinking the dolls are doing?

SnatchedPencil Wed 11-Jan-17 18:09:43

Nothing wrong with it at all. You might not find it "funny" but then you're not in a relationship with him. You probably laugh at things which would raise an eyebrow with him.

The only issue is that their behaviour is hardly original. There was a parody site that used Lego characters to perform sexual acts knocking around about twenty years ago. Their only "crime" here is plagiarism!

ailPartout Wed 11-Jan-17 18:09:46

i do have a warped sense of humour am an idiot ( got the most likes of all my pics tho!) as are my friends and I actually know the number of 'likes' I get on FaceBook.

SuperTrumper Wed 11-Jan-17 18:10:43

DawnC I think that's fine as you are using them for your own adult entertainment (that sounds wrong haha) and not letting your kids see them

OneWithTheForce Wed 11-Jan-17 18:11:13

All fine up to the point where their daughter saw it.

Soubriquet Wed 11-Jan-17 18:13:44

Yeah I get your point OP

I did say once they start noticing and questioning it's time to stop

NassauBeach Wed 11-Jan-17 18:14:12

I laughed out loud at soubriquet's pic. But it's more innocent - 3yo wouldn't notice and it's not so sexual as they aren't human representations the way a doll is. I agree with you op, what you described really turned my stomach reading it. Immature and unfunny and would not like my 5yo dd seeing that sad

Rinmybell Wed 11-Jan-17 18:14:16

I wouldn't find it massively funny if my partner did this but would be horrified if they were left for our child to find. Very wrong.
AilPartout - bit harsh.

ailPartout Wed 11-Jan-17 18:17:20

Yes. Perhaps RinMyBell. Sorry Dawn if it was a bit mean but I do agree far more with Dogivemeabreak than you.

OverTheGardenGate Wed 11-Jan-17 18:28:49

It's not the sort of thing my DH would do. But it's the sort of thing my ExH would do.

OverTheGardenGate Wed 11-Jan-17 18:29:41

Oh, and no. It's not remotely funny.

PopcornBits Wed 11-Jan-17 18:32:14

It's inappropriate though isn't it? I don't find it funny either, especially if the children are involved.
Children might only be 3/4/5 etc but they're becoming aware of their private areas, doing stuff like that in front of them might seem funny to the children but its absolutely inappropriate at that age and the adults know this!!

Rixera Wed 11-Jan-17 18:33:53

Showing sexual images to a child?
And we have to question why that's wrong?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now