Talk

Advanced search

To sit here and wait?

(4 Posts)
Mehfruittea Wed 11-Jan-17 17:20:09

I suffer from chronic pain and use a wheelchair for any distance that takes longer than 1 min (my slow minute). I've overdone it on my movements today: tidied front room and vacuumed, made tea and very slightly tidied kitchen, 2 loads of washing through/dried/put away plus bedding changed. Picked DS up from school and walked from car because I can't get my wheelchair out on the road (it slopes), Played PJ masks with DS.

I really need painkillers but that means getting up off the sofa. Or I could refuse to move (unless house is on fire) and wait for DH to get home in 45 mins. He will then get me pills, but if I move now, then I will be feeling much better by the time he gets in.

AIBU to tough it out and not move?

Katy07 Wed 11-Jan-17 17:22:44

I'd get up and get the painkillers - short term extra pain, long(er) term gain. But if you'd rather stay on the sofa then that works too.

Seryph Wed 11-Jan-17 17:29:44

I am of the stay on the sofa until someone else can get them party. Unless I am in serious trouble, or about to be. brew and chocolate for you until your DH gets back.

Mehfruittea Wed 11-Jan-17 17:49:16

Thanks ladies. As luck has it, DH has arrived home early! So my sit it out strategy has paid off this time. I don't have pills in hand just yet though...hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now