Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask about the legalities surrounding Facebook reviews

(4 Posts)
happyvalley4 Wed 11-Jan-17 15:52:51

I have had a terrible experience with a local garage. Despite numerous complaints I haven't got anywhere with them. So yesterday I went on their Facebook page and left a 1 star review which I feel is totally justified.

I work in a small local business (pet related so nothing to do with a garage) I turned up to work today and saw someone had left a 1 star review (but with no detail) on our FB page about our business which shocked me as we work very hard to look after our customers. When I looked into it, I realised that it was the owner of the garage!! He's never been a customer of ours and has done it totally out of spite! He must've found my work details through my Facebook profile.

I have asked him to remove the completely false review by end of business today. But do far he hasn't done it.

So can I ask what you think I should do next?

Do you know where we stand legally?

happyvalley4 Wed 11-Jan-17 16:20:09

Allthebestnamesareused Wed 11-Jan-17 16:29:26

Just put a comment under it explaining that this person is not a customer and has appeared to have left a review on the wrong page in error. When you gave your review you should have commented to say why you felt the one star was justified in your case.

happyvalley4 Wed 11-Jan-17 17:18:54

Yes I put a comment under mine about why mine was justified.

I'm just totally outraged that a person who's never been a customer of a company can get away with doing this!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now