Talk

Advanced search

Another parking one

(12 Posts)
Mrbluethecatt Wed 11-Jan-17 14:46:19

I live near the end of a road where all houses having driveways for at least 2 cars. Two of my neighbours (B&C) have until recently parked one car on their drive and one on the street. Which is fine of course. Over Christmas one of the two (B) has been parking a third car across the road from mine and my neighbours drive. Not blocking the drive as such.

This doesn't bother me as I can easily reverse my car into the drive no matter where the extra car is parked.

Yesterday C complained to me about the extra car. C is finding it hard to reverse out their drive. C won't go directly to B as they have fallen out. This is probably way B has parked their extra car there. Just to be difficult.

I told C I wasn't having any issues so won't be getting involved. C wasn't happy with this and blanked me this morning when I said hello. I have mentioned this to folk at work who mainly think iabu for not getting involved. So aibu?

See Diagram halo

harderandharder2breathe Wed 11-Jan-17 14:49:17

It's nothing to do with you so stay well clear

Unless all of them are seven years old, let your neighbours resolve it (or not) amongst themselves.

Magicpaintbrush Wed 11-Jan-17 14:51:11

YANBU - If C has a problem with where B is parking their car then they need to go and speak to them themselves like an adult. Why they are trying to drag you into this dispute is beyond me, it is not your battle. C is being a bit cheeky to ask you to sort this out for them imo, and very rude to blank you because you don't want to get involved.

FeelingSmurfy Wed 11-Jan-17 14:51:40

Parking thread with diagram in first post - star

Stay out of it, it's currently not your problem so don't make it your problem

PavlovianLunge Wed 11-Jan-17 14:53:57

Easy for the people at work to say YABU, it's not like they're going to put themselves between fallen-out neighbours.

YANBU to stay out of it.

Patriciathestripper1 Wed 11-Jan-17 14:54:46

Not your monkeys not your circus.

MycatsaPirate Wed 11-Jan-17 14:57:59

Excellent diagram!!

But yeah, stay out of it.

Or get C to post on here for advice.

enterthedragon Wed 11-Jan-17 21:41:30

C should reverse onto her drive.

BravoPanda Wed 11-Jan-17 21:46:28

Is C the dreaded Caroline? grin

Oldraver Wed 11-Jan-17 21:50:25

C should be reversing onto her drive

C is an arse blanking you, wonder why she fell out with B

PerpendicularVincent Wed 11-Jan-17 22:21:35

Excellent work. Parking AND a diagram star star star star star

YANBU, you are wise to stay out of it

Hissy Wed 11-Jan-17 22:36:38

C should sell her car and get a pony.

If she can't reverse out of her drive, she shouldn't be on the road at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now