Talk

Advanced search

To talk about flatulence?

(19 Posts)
ChristmasEvePJs Tue 10-Jan-17 23:20:01

I joined WW last week, I have stuck to the diet, cut out most sweet treats, slightly increased my fruit intake and can't stop farting confused. I honestly stink blush. All helpful hints and tips appreciated, i am dreading work tomorrow sad.

MiddleClassProblem Tue 10-Jan-17 23:21:17

Wind eaze, peppermint tea, probiotics (tablets or yoghurts but with diet tablets might be easier)

ChristmasEvePJs Tue 10-Jan-17 23:35:06

Ok, trip to the chemist in the morning. Love your middle class nickname.

MiddleClassProblem Tue 10-Jan-17 23:38:04

Lol, ta. The tablets are in big supermarkets too. Good luck! x

Notfastjustfurious Tue 10-Jan-17 23:41:43

It could be some food in particular causing the problem. My 4yr old farts like a trooper and we discovered cucumber to be the culprit. She loves the stuff so was eating loads but after I cut it from her diet the wind stopped and I slowly reintroduced it until we found an amount she could eat without blowing her pants off.

ChristmasEvePJs Tue 10-Jan-17 23:48:09

A supermarket sounds less embarrassing!

I have eaten a lot of apples, might cut back on those for a few days and see. Also larger portions of poultry and meat. Will try a cup of peppermint tea before bed.

MollyHuaCha Tue 10-Jan-17 23:50:57

Particularly windy foods are onion, garlic, shallots, leek, beans, lentils, cabbage, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, broccoli, kale. If you have recently increased your intake of any of the above, that could be the reason.

statetrooperstacey Wed 11-Jan-17 00:01:32

If you are doing ww and are having their yoghurts or any 'diet food' diet coke etc it could be the artificial sweetener, that stuff kills me I could almost take flight.

MiddleClassProblem Wed 11-Jan-17 00:06:34

I think both wind eaze and probiotic tablets are not over the counter items. If a health food shop like holland and Barrett then they will have probiotics and asidophilus which helps when ibs is mad.

The first two days you can take 3 lots of probiotic (dr advices me over phone) any kind so morning, afternoon and bed time, just to kick it off strong. I did 2 yakults then tablets at night. I was fine after day one of severe trapped wind and cramps for a week x

DailyFail1 Wed 11-Jan-17 01:19:32

Eating natural live yoghurt helps me

ChristmasEvePJs Wed 11-Jan-17 15:50:46

Thanks everyone. I haven't been eating any 'diet' food so don't think it's that.

I got Wind Eze chew-able tablets in Boots this morning... I haven't noticed a difference yet though I am only two tablets in.

I will pop out and get some yeo valley later too!

Otherpeoplesteens Wed 11-Jan-17 15:56:49

I'm very lucky in that I find farting hilariously funny in almost all circumstances, even stupendously inappropriate ones, but in all seriousness I do know how distressing this can be.

Adding more stuff to my digestion (priobiotics etc) just made things worse. Look at your diet and cut things out one at a time until you find the culprit(s). For me, it's celery for volume and noise, garlic for pungency.

And I use this information for evil

Caracas Tue 28-Feb-17 18:07:55

Milk thistle tablets are fantastic for flatulence. I discovered them a couple of years ago when I started going through the menopause. They take effect more or less immediately. You can buy them in most supermarkets, health shops, chemists etc. I just buy cheap ones from Sainsbury and take one day. Have gone from being 'very windy' to nothing at all.

pseudonymity Tue 28-Feb-17 18:11:14

Apples notorious for wind.

LemonsAndLollies Tue 28-Feb-17 18:12:41

Farts crack me up, I think I'm still 12 years old inside. <prrrrrrrp!> grin

When I've increased my fruit/veg intake and got farty as a result it's because of the increase in fibre. It goes away after a bit - couple of windy weeks in my case but Your Colon May Vary.

Good luck! flowers

tinglyfing Tue 28-Feb-17 18:51:47

Chew your food really really well. Till it's like mush. Yum.

justilou Tue 28-Feb-17 23:56:52

I have started eating cauliflower as a carbohydrate substitute and OMG!!! It's killing me. It's so bad even the dog cringes. I think it's time I cut back too!

Its0kcarryon Wed 01-Mar-17 00:02:28

Grapes make me do rip snorters of farts😂

CigarsofthePharoahs Wed 01-Mar-17 02:26:19

Its bread that sets me off.
For the good of mankind I have given it up for now, I was a one woman greenhouse effect!
No other wheat based products, just bread.
I also find that sudden increases in fibre intake can unsettle things, especially non soluble fibre.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now