Talk

Advanced search

To question how much commission I will get working in direct sales?

(3 Posts)
KimmySchmidtsFakeXmasSmile Tue 10-Jan-17 21:22:28

Evening all

I read a thought-provoking article in Forbes today.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nextavenue/2013/04/01/can-you-really-make-money-in-direct-sales/#7af339e4fcb4

I thought the questions you should ask the direct sales companies were good.
The Direct Sales Association has a website. It lists all members and prospective members (pending compliance audit) who undertake to comply with its code of conduct.

http://www.dsa.org.uk/codes-of-ethics/

So that reassures me that if I do decide to take it up and in hindsight find the investment unreasonable, at least I could make a complaint as this is prohibited.

But will I end up making a loss, breaking even or not making minimum wage?
Will it just be pin money?

Obviously it depends on the effort put in but it is a concern.

How many of you are consultants?

Please could you give me an insight as to how much commission you have made. It would help me if you just said the name of the company, the initial outlay, what products/training you got, any other costs, how long you did it for/have been doing it for, and what is/was your total net income from it.

Many thanks in advance. flowers
(Am not a journalist)

KimmySchmidtsFakeXmasSmile Tue 10-Jan-17 21:24:47

Oops. Those links again. blush

www.forbes.com/sites/nextavenue/2013/04/01/can-you-really-make-money-in-direct-sales/#af3f3c2fcb4f

www.dsa.org.uk/codes-of-ethics/

amispartacus Tue 10-Jan-17 21:30:27

I think it depends on the business. There are some businesses who charge a lot of money and you don't receive much support in the way of that. You also have to pay money to be a member of such a group.

If I were going to do direct sales, I would want a lot of information about the success - but you'd probably only hear the positives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now