Talk

Advanced search

To owner what I'm doing wrong DD2 at it again.

(14 Posts)
OopsDearyMe Tue 10-Jan-17 19:40:00

Today DD2, who is 8. Decided to cut her own fringe, I found bits of hair in the cat litter tray, which is at the top of the stairs. Knew it was her straight away. Not only that but I put a couple of treats in my room for when they are in bed, a caramel egg and a couple of country slices. Where are they? Oh DD2 has helped herself.

She's had a bollocking and I have done the usual banning of items. She just cries crocodile tears and acts like nothing happened 10 mins later.

Am I doing something wrong?

Anonymous1112 Tue 10-Jan-17 19:42:12

No you aren't at all. You have an 8 year old, pushing the boundaries and trying to take control of her body. It's frustrating but usual at this age. X

anotheryearcomesandgoes Tue 10-Jan-17 19:43:05

Yes

in the cat litter tray, which is at the top of the stairs

GreenTureen Tue 10-Jan-17 19:43:21

Are there other behavioural issues? If not, cutting their own fringe and eating a caramel egg left where they can see it are hardly the crimes of the Century and it sounds like you're overreacting tbh.

AtSea1979 Tue 10-Jan-17 19:44:51

No you're not doing anything wrong. Sometimes kids just need a good bollocking. Try not to do it often and it'll have maximum impact when you do hopefully she won't cut her hair often

LittleBoat Tue 10-Jan-17 19:45:33

Get better at hiding your treats or share

Offer to take her to the hairdressers.

Allthewaves Tue 10-Jan-17 19:45:36

Can I give you my 8 yr old - he gave his middle brothers football card file to baby brother (even though i told him specifically not too), along with a list of other things and if he shouts f**king hell at me one more time, I may loose the plot entirely. Esp since i have a 3 yr old now shouting it too

cherrycrumblecustard Tue 10-Jan-17 19:45:39

Is she able to have treats of her own?

If she'd asked if she could have her hair cut, what would you have said?

Allthewaves Tue 10-Jan-17 19:46:49

and zero bloody remorse after the initial fake sad face

OopsDearyMe Wed 11-Jan-17 13:47:04

Oh yes she had her own treats but chose today mine, its more the ' I can do what I feel like attitude' as for the hair she knows I'd have taken her to get it cut if she had wanted to, she was the one wanting to grow it !

BarbarianMum Wed 11-Jan-17 14:27:33

I wouldn't punish a child for cutting their own hair tbh.

lougle Wed 11-Jan-17 14:33:48

Did she do a good job?

Gymnopedies Wed 11-Jan-17 14:48:14

Ahah, she sounds fab, full of character and it's useful to go through life as it is tough out there.
Hair grows back and she needs the sugar to fuel that growing brain.

user892 Wed 11-Jan-17 14:59:02

Does she have a mate called Fred ? wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now