Talk

Advanced search

To think that the education cuts will damage children's education

(5 Posts)
MyWineTime Tue 10-Jan-17 18:50:24

I can't believe that so much money is effectively being cut from the education budget. Almost every school will be worse off. I've looked up my kids' school and they will be losing over £550 per child.
How on earth are we supposed to improve standards with less?

You can look up how much your school is going to lose HERE and sign the petition.

donquixotedelamancha Tue 10-Jan-17 19:04:58

'To think that the education cuts will damage children's education'- that's rather the point of them, schools in poorer areas will loose more.

We live in a democracy, people voted Tory. Undermining universal education has been a key policy plank as long as I've been alive. That and privatise the NHS have been the big two goals for decades. They are well on the way.

flumposie Tue 10-Jan-17 19:10:47

As a teacher, myself and others did try to warn the public what was going to happen to education with policies introduced by Gove etc but we were seen as moaning teachers. Tip of the iceberg sadly .

caroldecker Tue 10-Jan-17 19:21:59

Their calculation methodology is misleading.

MillyDLA Tue 10-Jan-17 19:38:03

Yep! Absolutely children's education will be damaged. I don't know of any primary schools in my LA that have a budget that shows anything but a deficit.
Of course staff cuts will need to be made to balance the finances. Of course this means either bigger classes or less support staff. Less time for each child.
School closure is the other increasing option, especially small rural schools.
Increasing pressure by Ofsted, more inadequate or repeated requires improvement schools, also brings about a removal of the school from the LA. Yes schools can academies, but only if they are financially viable. Inadequate schools are sitting with academy orders but because they are financially unviable, academy chains don't want them.

Early years funding is also being reduced. Providers are closing as they can't afford to offer a service. Top up fees are being charged to,parents in more affluent areas to keep providers open. Pity those children in more deprived areas.

A sorry mess, But yes this is what 'we' voted for!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now