Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think my camera is taking to someone, if so who and how?

(7 Posts)
Figureof80 Tue 10-Jan-17 17:54:56

Bought a compact camera which has a wifi function. I have not enabled this nor entered any passwords as am still familiarising myself with the camera. Went for a walk yesterday took lots of random close-up shots of leaves to practise with macro. After sunset I was walking back, moon had already risen and looked very atmospheric over hills so took a few practice shots of this.
This morning clicked on my pinterest account on ipad. I am considering a new build house so my account has 100s of images saved of bathrooms, kitchens, flooring, doors, door handles etc etc. I set up a photography board 4 months ago but have not saved any images to it since. For the last 4 months the pinterest homepage has suggested images, “picked for you”, of kitchens, bathrooms and gardens. This morning it contained, “How to shoot the moon,” and “Macro Photography Tips for Beginners.” AIBU to think camera has been sending info to someone, if so who and how? I know IANBU to be insulted by camera’s assessment of my abilities, ….”tips for beginners”…… the arsey fecker.

Figureof80 Tue 10-Jan-17 17:56:29

Ack I mean talking not taking

OnionKnight Tue 10-Jan-17 17:59:04

Have you ever googled any photography tips? It's cookies wink

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 10-Jan-17 17:59:30

Did you look at or buy the camera online? It sounds like cookies... it's easily explained if you've looked at anything to do with cameras online, including any guarantee or warranty websites or possibly emails about your purchase.

AllOfTheCoffee Tue 10-Jan-17 18:01:06

I would think it's been talking to something rather than someone, rather like when you click on a link you shouldn't click on MN and then FB shows you ads for parking bollards for months afterwards.

Although if you haven't enabled the wi-fi it's probably just co-incidence. Unless you uploaded the pics?

Bastarding Amazon talks to every fucker. It makes keeping x-mas presents secret very hard.

MoonShapedPool Tue 10-Jan-17 18:19:18

AllOfTheCoffee you're haunted by penguin bollards too?! grin

Figureof80 Tue 10-Jan-17 18:20:37

I did research "compact camera macros" but nothing to do with the moon. Research was a couple of weeks ago while deciding what camera to buy but this is the first time since doing the research that photography tips have appeared as Pinterest suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now