Talk

Advanced search

To ask for help picking a presentation subject?

(13 Posts)
Notyourmelons Mon 09-Jan-17 20:29:04

I have to deliver a poster presentation as part of some further learning next week. However, I am struggling to pick a subject.

Presentation itself is only worth 30% of overall mark and must be no longer than 20 minutes.

Brief is "to conduct some research that focuses on an aspect of emergency care"

Please help. My post baby brain is drawing a blank.

TeaBelle Mon 09-Jan-17 20:30:59

What aspect are you focussing on I.e. what do you study? Also are you supposed to complete the research and present it or come up with a research question and present how you would complete your research

BravoPanda Mon 09-Jan-17 20:33:28

How the length of waiting time for ambulance patient admissions is increasing the ambulance teams response times? Or what the impact is of unjustified a&e patients taking up valuable time... Just to be current grin

Lucked Mon 09-Jan-17 20:35:55

Can't think about a title but what about looking at the good and bad aspects of having the time targets, or some other quality care indicators very topical! Government love things that can be measured (and compared to others) but should someone with a minor complaint be prioritised above others because they are going to breech

TeaBelle Mon 09-Jan-17 20:37:24

The difference in outcomes for children where there is a separate children's a&e

The difference in outcomes for patients who are treated in a bay and those on trollies

What increases positive outcomes for those who attend due to mental health needs?

Do out of hours gp's or qlk in clinicz reduce unecessary a&e atrendancesatrendances

Do extended gp hours reduce unecessay a&e atrandances

DearMrDilkington Mon 09-Jan-17 20:41:09

Emergency care for children removed from their home - if that would count, or does it have to be medical care? It may be a different situation to what others would choose which could give you an edge, if it counts.

Medical care could be, ambulance driving to a accident? You could write about average time it takes compared to the time they are supposed to take, how many people on average phone an ambulance every day and break down in age categories what age groups phone for one the most?

noschooll4mee Mon 09-Jan-17 20:41:10

TeaBelle -really interesting suggestions ! I'd like to research those and I'm not even in the medical profession 😁

Notyourmelons Mon 09-Jan-17 20:41:22

Thank you so much!

I am to gather research regarding the subject I choose and present that.

Some really good (an extremely relevant ones) here.

TeaBelle Mon 09-Jan-17 20:43:35

Sorry for the terrible spelling!

Notyourmelons Mon 09-Jan-17 20:43:59

If possible I'd prefer to focus on something clinical (a procedure or treatment plan) but open to almost anything.

Crumbs1 Mon 09-Jan-17 20:58:02

Different clinical decisions for elderly who are delirious versus those with capacity?
Pain relief for patients with delirium or the effects of adequate analgesia on delerium?
Correct BP technique - correct size cuffs, sounds, manual versus electronic?
NEWS scoring escalation?
Recognition and response to potential Sepsis in children or in elderly?

Crumbs1 Mon 09-Jan-17 20:59:05

Correct use of DNACPRs in ED including MCA assessment and recording.

NickMyLipple Mon 09-Jan-17 21:02:24

What about consent and MCA?

Or the insertation of catheters in ED and associated risk factors/outcomes?

Treatment of fever? Fan therapy, analgesia, etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now