Talk

Advanced search

to dislike Sistema water bottles?

(7 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

HamIn Mon 09-Jan-17 20:03:45

I've tried quite a few Sistema water bottles, and water out of it tastes like plastic! Is it just me, because they do seem very popular?

madgingermunchkin Mon 09-Jan-17 20:05:09

I bought one a week or two away, and I have to admit I've found the same.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Mon 09-Jan-17 20:07:31

A lot of people have problems with these twisty ones, you can't clean inside the cap so they go mouldy pretty quickly.

PurpleMinionMummy Mon 09-Jan-17 20:09:07

I used them years ago and saw the caps get mouldy. Never used them since and always make sure every part can be cleaned and dried well now.

PerspicaciaTick Mon 09-Jan-17 20:11:38

On the plus side, they are almost the only brand I've found that are reliably leak-proof.

teainbed Mon 09-Jan-17 20:14:34

You can clean the caps. There is a bit where you put a knife to unscrew the two bits and clean it out. Loads of videos online about how to do it.

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 10-Jan-17 13:13:22

Hi all,

Sistema have been in touch and have asked us to post this on their behalf:

We have seen your post and are sorry to hear you are disappointed with your purchase. At Sistema we are very selective in choices of manufacturing material and only use the finest virgin materials. We avoid using Polycarbonate and rigid PVC, due to the BPA and Phthalate content in these products. All Polypropylene purchased by Sistema is manufactured in accordance with strict guidelines (i.e. Genuine source of supply) under strict environmental and Government guidelines.

The EU and FDA authorities require us to regularly submit our full range of drink grade products to be tested. Included in these tests are ones that check to ensure migration values are below those set for liquid contact materials. Sistema specifically complies with all these regulations. In addition, the tests show that our products contain no Phthalates or Bisphenol A (BPA) and are fit for consumer use.

When first purchased, you may experience an odour from the bottle, which is the slip that is used to remove the bottle from the mould. The slip is harmless, will not contaminate the contents and will disappear over time. We find that washing the bottles in hot soapy water and leaving to air for a day will eliminate this smell. The bottles can be washing in the top rack of a dishwasher or by hand.

For bottle cap cleaning instructions, please visit our website www.sistemaplastics.com (actual link: sistemaplastics.com/about/videos/#155489894)

If you would like further information or advice on our Sistema Water Bottles, Lunch Boxes, Microwave Cookware or Food Storage products, please call our customer services team on 01932 574 890 or email info*@sistemaplastics*.co.uk. You can also contact us via sistemaplastics.com/support/contact_us/

If you need any further information/clarification from me, please let me know.

Kind regards
Michelle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now