Talk

Advanced search

To expect them to wipe his nose?

(7 Posts)
misswrite89 Mon 09-Jan-17 17:41:05

DS is 16 months. He has been going to nursery since 9 months old and up until recently was in the baby room. He was always handed over at the end of each day with a clean nose (and had plenty of colds during that time!) however since the beginning of this year he has gone up into the next room and, everyday that I have picked him up, he has had a stream of snot running down his nose.

I want to say something to the staff tomorrow but before I do, am I being too precious (he is my first)?

Ilovecaindingle Mon 09-Jan-17 17:42:25

They should be wiping it.
Put a packet of tissues in with his stuff and prompt the staff that you have put them in there...

SpaghettiMeatballs Mon 09-Jan-17 17:45:12

YANBU. Obviously the older they get the more they run around and the harder it is to grab them a wipe their noses so the odd incident wouldn't worry me but if it's regular that isn't right.

misswrite89 Mon 09-Jan-17 18:04:19

Thanks - like the tissue idea.

Mumzypopz Mon 09-Jan-17 18:12:24

Could it be that they had wiped his nose many times that day and it just happened to be funny when you collected him? I know that when when my DS was going through lots of colds, it would run constantly, so there will be times when it is running and you just haven't got to it yet?

dailymaillazyjournos Mon 09-Jan-17 18:13:17

YANBU. Yes nursery staff should be wiping noses. Most 16 month olds will kick up a bit of a fuss when anyone attempts to intercept them with a tissue, in hand, but it can't be comfy for them when it's not cleaned and the skin can easily become irritated. And they're more likely to wipe the snot on surfaces around the room (including other children) and spread the infection that way.

Mumzypopz Mon 09-Jan-17 18:13:28

Runny, not funny

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now