Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to just need to moan?

(13 Posts)
mrsfredweasley Mon 09-Jan-17 10:29:06

I posted this is parenting but it wasn't cathartic enough so I'm braving the lion's den 😂

DD is nearly 6 weeks and we've had a rough start. She was ELCS due to previous EMCS with DS. Then a week later we spent 3 days in hospital as it turns out she has CMPI, which started with bloody diarrhoea and green vomit. The following week I went back to hospital with an infected CS wound. Then a few days later, I dislocated my knee for the 16th time but this time managed to damage the cartilage so it's not healed; I can barely walk and definitely can't bend my leg, so no kneeling or sitting on the floor, and I can't even lie on my tummy. Had a MRI for that so have to wait for the results which will probably end in knee surgery. This is great because it means it'll be fixed but also not great because obviously small baby!

So after all this shit, turns out that DD also has colic as she's been screaming all evening for the past few and I'm sodding exhausted.

I just feel we've dealt with enough for a little while. I'm not enjoying right now and I really wish I could. I feel so low and just need a good moan and a good cry.

Justme3 Mon 09-Jan-17 10:51:06

Shoulder to cry on and moan away- what a horrible situation!
And have some cakebrewflowers
Lots of love

NavyandWhite Mon 09-Jan-17 10:55:39

Sounds very tough. Do you have support?

mrsfredweasley Mon 09-Jan-17 11:14:53

justme I will happily take all that 😁

I do have lots of support. Parents have shipped me to and from hospital when I couldn't drive, and looked after DD when I had to go alone. DH is very hands on so I'm really lucky. Probably shouldn't moan really but even with all that, I feel a bit fed up!

KellyBoo800 Mon 09-Jan-17 12:39:03

I'm not surprised you're fed up! That's an awful lot in such a small amount of time, and over Christmas as well sad hope things start to look up for you soon.

In the mean time, moan away to your hearts content!

alsmutko Mon 09-Jan-17 12:45:07

Just posted a rant and now feel I have little to compain about. Poor you.
Hope the knee gets better with an op (been there done that). X

mrsfredweasley Mon 09-Jan-17 14:13:32

It's nice to have somewhere to just be a little bit whingey and feel sorry for myself. People in rl just expect us all to get on with things, don't they? Not that no one cares, they do of course, but it's still good to moan.

Alsmutko don't be daft! If we feel the need to rant about anything then there's a reason! My problems must look small to lots of people but they're happening to me so they're a big deal to me. DH has been complaining about his knee hurting after going to the gym and has bought a knee strap (which I am NOT allowed to steal...thanks darling) so every time he complains, he apologises because of what my knee has been through and how it's not as bad, but I tell him that his hurts him so he's entitled to complain. Which he does, a lot 😂

HumphreyCobblers Mon 09-Jan-17 15:13:55

ouch x 1000000

you poor thing

I have dislocated my knee a few times, it bloody hurts. Also had an infected c section wound, and a baby who wouldn't settle.....but never all at the same time.

If anyone deserved a moan it is you. I hope it gives some temporary relief and everything gets sorted as soon as possible .

ChicRock Mon 09-Jan-17 15:18:00

The first few months are tough enough anyway without all of the extra you've had on top of that. flowers cake

Chin up chick, it does get better, you've just got to get through this stage as best you can, rest when you can (Ha! I know) and you and your DH be kind to each other, which it sounds like you are doing.

downwardfacingdog Mon 09-Jan-17 16:12:44

Yanbu. cakeflowers

mrsfredweasley Mon 09-Jan-17 18:19:52

It's nice to have my whining validated 😂 thank you! I keep repeating "this too shall pass" to myself.

TooStressyForMyOwnGood Mon 09-Jan-17 18:22:58

YANBU. Moan away. brew

mrsfredweasley Mon 09-Jan-17 19:26:47

Gah!!! And I've just got my post-birth period!! 😠

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now