Talk

Advanced search

To be slightly disgruntled that my boobs haven't shrunk?!

(9 Posts)
BitchyInnerMonologue Mon 09-Jan-17 05:53:11

I've been exercising to lose weight/be healthier after I shot up the scales due to laziness, mild depression and hormonal contraception. Pre weight gain, I was a nice, bearable 32F, during my weight gain, I went up to a 34 on the loosest setting and either a FF or a G cup.

So I needed new bras as my old ones are almost spinning round. I'm down to a 32 on my back but in a size H!

Yes, I know how sizing works, but AIBU to have hoped that the weight would have come off my boobs too?

At least at an F I could buy some things on the high street - now it's more like mail order options. And they're not cheap!

Bloody boobs! angry

fueledbybacon Mon 09-Jan-17 06:22:23

Exercise builds muscle and you don't choose where the fat is lost. Keep going and you may eventually lose it.

BitchyInnerMonologue Mon 09-Jan-17 06:26:33

I hope so - I know the muscle argument, and trust me, I'm delighted that I'm losing flab, and feeling much better, but... just, why couldn't they have decreased to a nice manageable C/D cup?!

Raasay Mon 09-Jan-17 06:27:27

I'm smaller built than you but my bust size doesn't change with weight loss at all. I'm a DD cup and once lost 3 stone over a fairly short period due to illness. Everything shrank, including my feet but not my bust.

Wallywobbles Mon 09-Jan-17 06:31:28

I've lost a lot of weight 41/2 stone and I've only lost off my boobs recently. And they've reduced a lot - think soap in a sock but bra sizing means seems to indicate I've only gone down 1 cup.

user1472419718 Mon 09-Jan-17 07:40:03

Are you still on the hormonal contraception?

If it is an option, coming off it (or switching) could help?

Sirzy Mon 09-Jan-17 07:42:36

At my biggest I was a 38e, now I am a 28f

BitOutOfPractice Mon 09-Jan-17 07:59:15

My boobs are always the last to "go" when I lose weight.

BitchyInnerMonologue Mon 09-Jan-17 18:28:18

Been off the mirena for a while... it's been pure laziness blush and probably mild depression (moved areas, no job, SAHM with no friends); now I have a job, friends and motivation to lose the weight.

I'm hoping they do go down in time - and if they don't, well, first world problem really!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now