Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask how long your period lasts?

(66 Posts)
WhingeFuckingWhinge Sun 08-Jan-17 23:23:25

Just that really - mine were 4-5 days previously but for last two years are only 2 days then spotting.

I'm early 30s no DC's yet and wondering if I should be concerned?

elQuintoConyo Sun 08-Jan-17 23:25:18

Now 3 days: 1 day medium, 2 days light. I used to be 5 days shark attack.

I'm 41 and have a 5yo.

AchingBack Sun 08-Jan-17 23:29:04

I'm mid-30's but with 2 children and my periods started being like yours about a year ago. I did mention it in passing to my doctor as I'd always been really heavy before but they didn't seem too fussed so didn't feel I had anything to be concerned about if that makes sense-assumed it was just hormonal change or something.

LauderSyme Sun 08-Jan-17 23:29:34

Blimey, wish I had such short periods! Mine are minimum a week and can last up to 10 days. Seriously. I think if the bleeding you do have seems "normal" and you have a regular cycle, there's probably nothing to worry about, but talk to your GP if really concerned.

Gaelach Sun 08-Jan-17 23:31:26

When I had the implant it was a full 7 days, since I've had it out AF is done and dusted in 4.

HerBluebiro Sun 08-Jan-17 23:32:06

Early 30s and I have pcos. So all overt the shop in terms of how often they come. And heaviness. But usually 5 proper flow days. 1 or 2 of which are heavy with cramps. And after the proper flow 3 or so days of light/brown too light for tampon too heavy for panty liner type.

wobblywonderwoman Sun 08-Jan-17 23:33:10

Mine are two days max. Heavy for one day, nearly nothing the second.

But cycle changes are worth checking out.

Ice3 Sun 08-Jan-17 23:33:46

2-3 days. If it is three then it is spotting on the first and third and really light on the second. I've never had a 5 day, normal flow period though.

Catsize Sun 08-Jan-17 23:36:01

About 9 days on and off. Have a break of a day or two in the middle. Reading these posts, now think I am really odd. confused

Champagneformyrealfriends Sun 08-Jan-17 23:36:06

3 days before DD, 3-7 since I had her. confused

Cat2014 Sun 08-Jan-17 23:39:08

7 days! One day light, 2/3 days pretty heavy, then 3 days light spotting!

MaidOfStars Sun 08-Jan-17 23:39:44

A morning of heavy flow, then spotting for another day. Usually done and dusted then. No idea where the stuff goes.

ninenicknames Sun 08-Jan-17 23:41:42

1 day heavy flow. Over & out day 2

Dreadful pain day before it arrives mind you

MsFortunaMajor Sun 08-Jan-17 23:42:41

I menstruate for 6-7 days. Approximately 3 days are heavy flow, the rest of the time it is fairly light. Oh how I envy women with periods that last 2 or 3 days!

Pitapotamus Sun 08-Jan-17 23:42:42

In my mid to late 20s mine were as you've described - 2 days and then light spotting for a day or two and I conceived twice (both happy accidents). Then they became much heavier longer and more frequent than is statistically normal about a year or two ago and I've just conceived again (planned this time!) So by my experience it doesn't mean anything!

AlbertoFrog Sun 08-Jan-17 23:44:44

Minimum 7 days. Cramps beforehand and during first few days which are very heavy, 3 medium days and then it tapers away. Mood swings too. I'm mid forties and had 3 months of none last year. Bliss.

NoFuckingRoomOnMyBroom Sun 08-Jan-17 23:58:30

Late 30's- 1st 2 days majorly heavy then 1-2 days of hardly anything.

cocodidit1 Sun 08-Jan-17 23:59:41

about 4/5 days. I am just finishing one atm.
The first two days are extremely heavy flow, so bad that in a particular gush while a friend was visiting i was very embarrassed to leave a mark on the seat! absolutely mortified....
im 35 with 3 kids and they seem to have gotten worse with each birth.

TheThingsWeAdmitOnMN Mon 09-Jan-17 00:05:25

It's no wonder some people think periods are 'no big deal'.

Spotting for a couple of days
2 days of flooding
2 days of moderate
Day or two of not much
Another medium day or two

A couple of days to make sure it's finished.

Basically 10 days of being imconvenienced by it.

Fortnight later it starts again.

I have '2 days' ENVY,

Catsize Mon 09-Jan-17 00:26:14

Glad it's not just me the things. Although not glad too!

justalittlelemondrizzle Mon 09-Jan-17 00:37:29

7 days... 2 days spotting to light, 1 gushing day, 2 heavy days followed by 2 days of light to spotting before stopping. I'm almost 30 and have an iud. Before having the iud my periods were about 4 days long and pretty light.

DropZoneOne Mon 09-Jan-17 00:39:24

3 days - very heavy on day 1, regular on day 2, light on day 3. I'm mid 40s, before DC, they lasted longer but were more even over 6-7 days, none of the flooding at the start. Back then, my cycle was 28-31 days, now it's 25-28 so whilst they don't last as long, I'm having more of them. I track them using Period Tracker and have done for years, so I can see how things have changed as I've got older.

Ivytheterrible Mon 09-Jan-17 00:42:36

3 days. 1 light but getting heavier. 2nd full on massacre. 3rd light. I have a copper coil - I think that affects it? They used to be much longer.

MissVictoria Mon 09-Jan-17 00:58:58

PCOS, started at 13, was irregular in time between periods, could be anywhere between 2 weeks and 6 weeks, but always had 3 days heavy then 2 manageable before it was spotting.
Became regular in an almost dad on 26 days cycle, first day would be heavy, day 2 and 3 really heavy, and we're talking doubled up night time absorbency pads (bottom one worn further back so it covered most of my bum, then top one further forward so about 1/3 of the pad length overlapped at the crotch, with the wings covering the sides fully between the 2 pads) and sitting on folded towels heavy, i'd have to sleep sitting up and be sat straight, slouching sideways or lying down i'd leak so badly from the sides and back even though my knickers were covered almost hem to hem. With having OCD about toilets, germs etc i was so freaked out about leaks, and couldnt stand getting any blood on my hands at all as no matter how many times i washed, even with bleach i could swear i could still smell it and felt like i was all germy and contaminating everything i touched. The cramps were awful too, they let me kno my period was coming as they would start 12-24 hours before the bleeding, and last beyond he bleeding. They were bad enough to prevent getting to sleep or waking me up in pain, no pain killer i ever tried worked to lessen them. I got the implant in june of 2014 and it was BRRILLIANT. It was put in mid cycle so i did have a 2 week light period when my next one was due, but then nothing. No bleeding, no cramps, nothing at all. After almost 2 years i started getting a bit of spotting. Next "period" due i had light bleeding with mild cramp. Then the third month i had a full on period, not as heavy as pre implant but still heavy and really painful. So i got my implant replaced. Since the first implant was done at a brook clinic just before i turned 25 hey couldn't remove or replace and my doctors had no info about when i had it done so i told them i'd had it 3 years not 2 so they would change it. I had over a 6 week wait where i would have had 2 periods and no period arrived so i probably didnt need it replacing and it was just my body getting rid of the2 years build up but i got a new one to be safe.

Peanutandphoenix Mon 09-Jan-17 01:10:57

My period only ever lasts for 4 days but I've not had a period for nearly a year because I'm on the pill but I am really enjoying the break I get from them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now