Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your advice on children's beds?!

(10 Posts)
cavatron Sun 08-Jan-17 23:07:41

Posting for traffic. We're currently in the process of buying our first home. I've started looking for good quality, reasonably priced, white (!) single beds. After three years of our DSs having a creaky metal bunk bed, I'm determined never to be woken in the night by bed-creaking ever again (matron).

Any and all advice gratefully received!

HarryPottersMagicWand Mon 09-Jan-17 21:49:52

A normal bed or a midsleeper? Mine have lollipop midsleepers and they are really good. Loads of storage space and room to play underneath, slightly shorter than some massively long midsleepers and really sturdy. Good prices too. I got DDs from Furniture123 for £176.

PinkSwimGoggles Mon 09-Jan-17 21:51:46

thuka beds.
very sturdy. modular system so you can have anything from single to bunk to highsleeper.

Misty9 Sat 28-Jan-17 22:50:27

I'm looking for the same thing smile we've got a kura bed from IKEA for ds, 5, but it is SO noisy and doesn't feel particularly sturdy either, so after 2 years I think we're finally going to change it and get this furniture123.co.uk/p/yoyo-mid-sleeper-in-blue-yoy003

Good to hear that furniture 123 are okay to shop from too. I like stompa too, but very pricey... now for dd's bed...

Reecey Sat 28-Jan-17 23:11:17

We have the Hemnes bed from Ikea has lasted over 10 years so far and still going strong

Whyisitsodifficult Sat 28-Jan-17 23:13:39

Noah bed from Feather and Black can also be converted into a bunk if needed.

Cubtrouble Sat 28-Jan-17 23:14:21

Try great little trading co. V good

FrankiesKnuckle Sat 28-Jan-17 23:14:58

We've just bought a bed from here. The 'hove' day bed. It's lovely, sturdy and hopefully will have some longevity for our 4yr old.
https://www.noaandnani.co.uk/

Misty9 Sat 28-Jan-17 23:31:10

Good to hear reecey as I think that's what we'll get for dd given we need a guest bed a couple of times a year. Do you use the foam mattress?

llangennith Sat 28-Jan-17 23:38:33

I got DGS's bedstead from Dreams. Google "single white bedsteads" got the mattress from Costco.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now