Talk

Advanced search

Marker moustache on DS face ! Help!

(76 Posts)
igotnotimeforthis Sun 08-Jan-17 19:56:19

I need ideas on how to get a drawn (by DH no less) marker moustache off my DS face.
DS has been through some vigorous scrubbing in the bath but no luck.

I'm quite annoyed with DH but in his defence he thought these were washable markers - but no. DS has washable markers but they got mixed with the non washable ones that ge got for Christmas from GPs.
(I'll be binning them tomorrow to avoid further confusion....)

But for now - it's first day back at school tomorrow- how will I explain this?!?confused

missingmumxox Sun 08-Jan-17 19:57:03

Shaving cream, no idea why this works but it does good luck

Bloopbleep Sun 08-Jan-17 19:57:31

Vodka works well too

MrsDc7 Sun 08-Jan-17 19:57:45

I'm so sorry but I've just spat my wine out reading this grin your DH must feel like an utter idiot haha

TheMadGardener Sun 08-Jan-17 19:58:27

Make-up remover wipes? Nail polish remover on a cotton wool pad?

TheImprobableGirl Sun 08-Jan-17 20:00:09

Maybe baby oil? Seems to remove face paint well!

IggyPopsicle Sun 08-Jan-17 20:03:32

Nail varnish remover should work.

igotnotimeforthis Sun 08-Jan-17 20:03:34

Thanks so much!!! I will try all of these in the morning (DS sleeping now)

MrsDC7 I feel that for him atm

abbsisspartacus Sun 08-Jan-17 20:05:19

While he is sleeping out night cream on it will make it easier in the morning

steff13 Sun 08-Jan-17 20:07:32

Rubbing alcohol?

NameSux Sun 08-Jan-17 20:08:26

Throwing hand sanitiser into the mix. It does a great job of getting perm marker off

HamIn Sun 08-Jan-17 20:08:47

Rubbing Baby wipes worked for us when our DS did similar on whole body!

herethereandeverywhere Sun 08-Jan-17 20:09:56

Take a photo to stick on the fridge and remind you all to not let this happen again!

HamIn Sun 08-Jan-17 20:10:02

If you have a non permenant marker, write over the marks with that and then wipe it. That should take it off. This trick always works on a white board

BravoPanda Sun 08-Jan-17 20:10:14

Babyoil smile removes permanent marker straight away

grumpygiraffe Sun 08-Jan-17 20:10:18

If his skin works the same as a whiteboard, go over it again with a washable marker - it'll come off easily then.

If his skin doesn't work the same as a whiteboard then this might make things worse.

TheCatsMother99 Sun 08-Jan-17 20:11:03

Photo or it didn't happengrinwink

Mummamayhem Sun 08-Jan-17 20:11:25

I once had a similar experience but it was my son who'd got hold of permanent pen not DH! tried pretty much all of above. Ended up dabbing bleach onto cotton wool and wiping. It did work but he doesn't have sensitive skin so it was OK!

DJBaggySmalls Sun 08-Jan-17 20:11:36

Alcohol hand gel takes it off grin

FourKidsNotCrazyYet Sun 08-Jan-17 20:13:14

If it makes you feel any better I did the same. Knowing they were sharpies I drew a (rather magnificent) pudsey bear eye patch on my DS. I'd left it too late to actually get anything and thought it would come off. Well it did, about a week later the spots had faded so he just looked mildly ill confused

Isittimeforwineyet Sun 08-Jan-17 20:14:53

No idea how to get it off but I feel that justice will only be done if your husband also sports a moustache tomorrow if it doesn't come off grin

zzzzz Sun 08-Jan-17 20:16:35

NOT BLEACH or VODKAshock. What is wrong with you all!shockangry

Put some oily face cream on and hope it rises off otherwise he can just style it out. If you put bleach on a child's face you are a twat.angry

harderandharder2breathe Sun 08-Jan-17 20:16:38

I do feel that DH should have to go to work with a drawn on moustache tomorrow if DS has to go to school like that wink

igotnotimeforthis Sun 08-Jan-17 20:20:35

Harderandharder love that!
Perhaps I'll wait for him to fall asleep first.
Although in the end - if the suggested cleaning methods work he will clean it - and if they don't... he probably won't see the funny side

Mummamayhem Sun 08-Jan-17 20:20:59

Seriously a Twat? Get you.

It was a tiny bit, just as unpleasant as nail varnishes remover I'm sure. Wipe over with cotton wool and wash. Nothing terrible will happen, you won't swallow it! Means way less rubbing which could cause sore skin.

Have you never accidentally got bleach on your hands? You wash it off and your hands don't fall off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now