Talk

Advanced search

To go on a bin hunt

(13 Posts)
GetOrfMyBin Sun 08-Jan-17 18:22:24

So some fucker has stolen one of our bins. Right from outside our front door shock We are set back from the road, so whoever has taken it would have had to come down a little hill and on to our property to have taken it.

We took a load of extra bin bags to the tip a couple of days back, as our bin doesn't get emptied for another week yet 3 weeks between collections and we wanted to make sure they wouldn't be overflowing. We went to put some bin bags out today and noticed that one of them was missing. I'm almost certain it was there yesterday, but haven't heard any trundling bins sounds today.

We used to have a batshit neighbour who stole our bin a few years back now but she's since moved, so it can't have been her. One of the houses over the road have three bins outside their house. I really want to go have a look to see if ours is there - it's got our house number painted on it so should be easy to tell if it's ours. I'm totally fucked off - if we want a new one we will have to pay £25 for it and I'm not doing that.

AIBU to think people who steal bins are grotty fuckers? Yes it's a bit shit that there are three weeks between collections instead of the usual two, but why the fuck would you still someone else's bin?! Do I go on a search for it or just write it off at lost forever?

Disclaimer: Lighthearted kind of and also a long time lurker/poster but have name changed as DH browses on here some times grin

harderandharder2breathe Sun 08-Jan-17 18:29:40

Yanbu

Don't the bin thieves feel ridiculous? Grown adults nicking a wheely bin?

8misskitty8 Sun 08-Jan-17 18:41:32

If across the road have 3 bins when they normally don't then it's probably your bin.
Go across and check.

HerRoyalFattyness Sun 08-Jan-17 18:43:45

Go and check.

pipsqueak25 Sun 08-Jan-17 19:12:07

go and check then when you find your bin, mark it with marker pen or the like, at least you are prepared to go and look instead of whinging and doing nowt,
why name change though ? are you worried dh won't approve of you rummaging around peoples bins ?grin

GetOrfMyBin Sun 08-Jan-17 19:39:56

I know I should just go and check right now, but I've seen the neighbours over the road have a full on fist fight before now one Sunday morning with some other neighbours probably not over stolen bins

What would I say if they caught me on their path? "Oh sorry, I'm just checking that you're not the scummy bin robbing fucker who stole my bin one of these isn't my bin" <awkward smile> I am pretty sure they don't have three bins normally, but I can't say I've fully took notice before. Having said that, more than one bin is rare as hens teeth and you'd have to sell your soul to the LA or rob one from your neighbours to justify having an extra one. I think I may wait until much later or first thing in the morning to have a sneaky look.

I name changed as I don't want DH to know my normal username because he can be nosey gringrin

2beesornot2beesthatisthehoney Sun 08-Jan-17 19:46:36

Isn't your husband just as affected by the lack of bin? Or is he one of these types that recycles everything makes large bonfires that would impress Guy Fawkes. Go on, confess to him you posted about this then you can plan a 2 pincer assault commando raid tonight. Hey it's dark already, do it now , then you will be back before the new Endeavor series starts on TV!

Dontjudgeme1 Sun 08-Jan-17 20:03:21

I can understand you being annoyed. The same thing happened to my mum last month. Both of her bins were stolen. We looked everywhere for them. She even asked the neighbours about them. Then 4 days later they came back. Still dont know who took them. Just glad for my mums sake, that she has got them your back. Hope you find your bin.

TheCatsMother99 Sun 08-Jan-17 20:06:46

I had a wheely bin nicked by someone once and my council gave me a new one free of charge. Might be worth asking them (and mentioning neighbour over the road with 3 bins as they may have and record of how many they've been given).

Batsh1tcrazy Sun 08-Jan-17 20:42:10

Our council give u one for free if its been stolen. Our bins (green ones) get emptied every 4 weeks! Blue ones every 2 weeks

previously1474907171 Mon 09-Jan-17 00:23:18

Go and look when they are in bed and the house is dark and when you get your bin back put a bin lock on it so it is no use to them.

GlitteryFluff Mon 09-Jan-17 00:27:13

Yes go and check in the middle of the night so you don't get caught and then you'll know. If it is yours then empty it on their drive and steal it back.

Lucked Mon 09-Jan-17 00:30:46

Yes go look. Ours has just been stolen from the road and £50 to replace. It has been hard over Christmas with no outside bin and one in nappies, lots of trips to the dump. Bin isn't emptied before we leave in morning and we aren't back until after 6 so it is on the road all day.

Also council has been shut loads so taken ages to get a new one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now