Talk

Advanced search

AIBU Paris apartment boiler issues - posting for traffic!!!

(11 Posts)
PamplemousseRouge Sun 08-Jan-17 14:55:29

Hi everyone!!

Sorry sorry not an AIBU but posting here for traffic!!!!

I'm staying in an apartment in Paris at the moment with Airbnb, so there's no face to face contact with the people in charge of the apartment - it's just by text/email.

Tried to get the shower to work earlier today, and couldn't get hot water at all. So I contacted the person in charge of the flat, and he asked me to check that the boiler worked okay. I'm not sure what to look for - he said there should be a light and a button on the boiler, but I can't see one at all. Sorry - I know I'm being totally clueless!!!

I've attached photos here of the boiler, so if you could help me out with finding out where a button or light might be on the boiler, I'd be hugely grateful!!!

Thanks so much! smile

PamplemousseRouge Sun 08-Jan-17 14:58:53

Bump smile

PamplemousseRouge Sun 08-Jan-17 15:01:43

Anyone?? smile

hefzi Sun 08-Jan-17 15:04:54

Shouldn't the pilot light thingie be in the small black box bit under the main cylinder of the boiler? (ie the only bit I can't see clearly in your pictures grin)

greedygorb Sun 08-Jan-17 15:05:03

Google the Make and model of the boiler. I can't quite read it from your pictures.There will probably be instructions on t'internet usually with a diagram for dunces. I've done this more than once before. Might help.

Gizlotsmum Sun 08-Jan-17 15:05:56

The lower bit where it says AC looks like it has a light/ pilot light window, is it lit?

hefzi Sun 08-Jan-17 15:07:06

Or in the white box bit that has "Ac" on?

665TheNeighbourOfTheBeast Sun 08-Jan-17 15:07:35

The wire that goes through the wall may go to a controller / thermostat
That definitely the hot water storage tank..but you are right..no obvious. Controller..which should just be a small box probably with a switch and light..like an old emersion, and maybe a lift up cover and timer?
Anything like that anywhere else?

hefzi Sun 08-Jan-17 15:07:45

grin Gizlots

665TheNeighbourOfTheBeast Sun 08-Jan-17 15:23:08

If you google "aci hybrid thermor" you can find a manual..does seem to imply theres a controller somewhere else..but then Im looking at the pictures as I can't read French !

PamplemousseRouge Sun 08-Jan-17 19:27:57

Thank you so much everyone!!! smile I contacted the guy in charge of the flat, and he sent an engineer out to look at the boiler. He said there'd been a problem with the boiler, but the engineer's now sorted it smile thanks again for all of your help!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now