Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Quickly, tell me what the heck I can do with 3 kids under 3...

(39 Posts)
JaxingJump Sun 08-Jan-17 09:23:31

That won't leave me stressed and in tears. Hoping to go for a coffee with inlaws but beyond that can't think. I can't stay in the house today with the 2 and 3 yr old killing each other and saying mummy 50 million times again. What activities are safe and not fecking freezing cold to do? I usually do some soft play but would love any other ideas. God I wish they'd sit in a cafe for 30mins even. That would be a treat! People's houses is the best but it's hard to impose on people on the weekend with 3 tornados.

Justme3 Sun 08-Jan-17 09:30:31

Where do you live

JaxingJump Sun 08-Jan-17 09:36:35

Belfast. I guess there's no magic answer to this. I just want to be out all day.

Justme3 Sun 08-Jan-17 09:39:58

Ah ok no idea I've never been to Belfast but any museums with suitable areas to run in? I swear by museums !

Doje Sun 08-Jan-17 09:40:55

Playground? Walk where oldest can go on a scooter / bike? Any mini farms or petting zoos?

DoublyTroubly Sun 08-Jan-17 09:42:05

Library is often good for that age. There's bound to be some decent museums around too but are they runners? Cafe at the airport so they can watch the planes?

wobblywonderwoman Sun 08-Jan-17 09:42:52

I think soft play is your only safe bet. I have two and that is the only place (or playground) where I get my sanity back.

elizabethdraper Sun 08-Jan-17 09:43:47

the zoo

swizzlestar Sun 08-Jan-17 09:51:18

Where I live we have a farm park with an indoor play area. So they can run off their energy whatever the weather! Do you have something similar?

NormaSmuff Sun 08-Jan-17 09:55:23

outdoors, in the woods, on the beach, in the playground
whatever the weather

NormaSmuff Sun 08-Jan-17 09:56:04

put a warm waterproof coat on and welly boots.

downwardfacingdog Sun 08-Jan-17 10:40:03

Park - I used to go every day - rain or shine - with my 3 under 3. Puddles make it more fun. Just being pedantic, but if you have a 3yo you don't have 3 under 3 though...

PinkSwimGoggles Sun 08-Jan-17 10:46:24

dress up warm and go to the playground.
running about in the fresh air will make you all feel better.
warm bath & hot chocolate afterwards.

GogoGobo Sun 08-Jan-17 10:50:20

Woods/outdoors whatever the weather. Warm waterproof clothing with wellies and let them run wild - you should be able to have a coffee after that as they are now likely to sit still/need a drink/snack themselves.

Gardencentregroupie Sun 08-Jan-17 10:51:55

Actually the Ulster Museum is very very child friendly, free in and has a nice cafe, go there and Botanic Park

thegirlinthecar Sun 08-Jan-17 10:53:22

The zoo ? My dcs are 3 and 2 and it was great. It's so hilly and they were absolutely wrecked after. W5? Both of these do end up relatively expensive though. I do go to soft play a lot too

Laquila Sun 08-Jan-17 10:54:10

Things to do at home:

Make dens/tents
Make play dough
Dressing up
Baking (crispy cakes!!)
Play car parks (masking tape parking bays onto a laminate/wood floor and draw a sign with a button on, to be the machine, then spend hours parking various vehicles - my kids LOVE this)
Watch a shed load of YouTube videos about the preferred subject (trains, deep-sea diving, rescues etc)

thegirlinthecar Sun 08-Jan-17 10:54:43

Carrick castle ? Although I can't remember how easy it is with a pram. There's a pretty good park in carrick too with Maud's right beside it

Gardencentregroupie Sun 08-Jan-17 11:01:36

Park and beach up at loughshore is an option too, though it'll blow the head off you smile

Blossomdeary Sun 08-Jan-17 11:08:11

Out in the fresh air for a bit then park in front of TV - as someone has said Youtube is good (endless monorails with one DGS and another is into domino runs - they are spectacular - another likes watching sheepdogs in aciton) or Pingu - something the adults can also enjoy - what an observant programme that is! - human nature in the raw!

Do whatever keeps you sane and ignore the naysayers when it comes to TV - you can watch it with them and chat about everything.

EndoplasmicReticulum Sun 08-Jan-17 11:12:49

Have you been to the Science Museum - W5? Lots for smaller children there, although it's not cheap under 3s are free.

GreyBird84 Sun 08-Jan-17 11:15:08

Ulster museum? Then botanic gardens?
W5 if funds allow? Can take own picnic

dangermouseisace Sun 08-Jan-17 11:18:01

I had 3 under 4. Yes, you HAVE to get out of the house! Things I used to do:
Museums- particularly 'hands on' museums
big pet shops (pets at home?)
Ikea if you live near one (kids section plus cafe has a play bit probably best to do in the week though)
library (some big ones are open Sundays)
Sorry being fecking freezing is part of having lots of little kids…we would literally be out in all weathers at the park. Get yourself and the kids some decent waterproofs and get yourself a travel mug.
Basically you will know this but do whatever it takes to wear the little so and so's out. And remember it gets easier…it will get easier

Niaus267 Sun 08-Jan-17 11:22:47

If you were up for a bigger drive, The Giant's Lair near Newry is free. And there is a coffee shop up there too. Obviously if you have prams, it's less doable.

Welshrainbow Sun 08-Jan-17 11:40:56

Park or field, warm coats, bubbles and a ball, set them loose to run around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now