Talk

Advanced search

tell.me your 'useless Local Councillor' stories! .

(10 Posts)
scaryclown Sat 07-Jan-17 22:26:04

I'm getting sick of my local Councillors being completely influenced in their views by one or two vexatious moaning idiots..!

They routinely say 'residents think this.or that.. but when you probe they mean the same serial complainer thinks .. effectively ignoring the fact that 60,000 local residents dont give a shit about a bar open after 11 or a new housing block on eyesore derelivt land.. but they argue straight to my face that complainers seem ti represent 30,000 views, but 'dont care' or pasitive views are reduced to 'just your view' is that what happens when you get old???

TheNewSchmoo Sat 07-Jan-17 22:28:51

I like how they point at potholes

EatSpamAmandaLamb Sat 07-Jan-17 22:30:37

Our councillor once told us we were racist because we complained about a family who used their front garden as a toilet.

scaryclown Sat 07-Jan-17 22:38:34

oh god, mine said killing pigeons was racist because some people thought their ancestors might come back as pigeons..but the same councillors refuse to address that wherever there are asians, amenity and environmental services underspend at about 1/5 pf that spent in white areas. ..

bonfireheart Sat 07-Jan-17 22:49:16

My local MP, is the lovely Jess Phillips who annoys me. Constantly on TV, on panel shows, getting into arguments on social media, threatening to stab Corbyn. Just want her to step away from the TV and her phone, and do the job she's supposed to be doing.

WhirlwindHugs Sat 07-Jan-17 22:52:40

One of ours is a UKIP shyster who owns loads of property and manipulates local planning schemes/rules to make as much money for himself as possible. The cost of that is local shops being derelict and empty while he waits months/years to play the system.

Arsehole.

WhirlwindHugs Sat 07-Jan-17 22:53:56

I feel like I should add that the other councillors seem to be perfectly nice/normal.

scaryclown Sat 07-Jan-17 22:54:31

There is legislation that compels landlords to fill empty shops. If councils won't use it central government can. pressure them!

WhirlwindHugs Sat 07-Jan-17 23:02:41

They do, there's local incentives too which he takes advantage of, it just takes time and he does everything the cheapest way possible regardless of what would be best for the area.

MsJamieFraser Sat 07-Jan-17 23:18:01

My local MP is lovely but ineffective,
come Monday she will know of me... the back of our house is owed by the council It has a forest strip on the highway...

Trees are dangerous and splitting... at 69Ft high direct into our back garden... they said it was safe....

Dh noticed yesterday that a 70fT tree is split in half and will fall in our garden... dh goes to take it down however out neighbour kicks of big style and says she suing is damaging public land (we had the council out... how we they said that because of costs, they would not be able to helps us but have dh verbal permission to do the work himself) dh is a fully qualified masters degree tree surgeon.

Dh now won't touch it as his licence will be provoked and also we now cannot allow our children to play in their own back garden as the trees will come down at any minute... even tho dh has tried to make them safe as possible.... (ropes, bolts, cuts into the trees etc)

Even tho the councils have told dh to removed the trees at his own time and expense (the council use dh for his service) but they say they won't help as they don't have the money to remove the trees... which apparently will cost them the years budget for the upkeep of 400m by 200m land strip.

In the the means time I will be phoning the council (PM) and demanding they take action... if not our finial step will be getting our lawyers involved which was always our last step.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now