Talk

Advanced search

To have got the arse and hoovered while he tried to sleep?

(6 Posts)
ricecrispies16 Sat 07-Jan-17 21:39:34

My partner got home from work, knackered. Turns out he stayed up till 4am watching crappy fb shit on his phone so only got 2 hours sleep. Fast forward to tonight he's falling asleep on the sofa while I'm running round like the house skivvy tidying/cleaning and looking after our two young dc. So I decided to hoover. He continued to "sleep" so I thought rather than me have to watch his arse sleep while I do everything I told him to just go bed. This prompted him to get up and take a 30 minute shit.

Apparently I'm in the wrong hmm

BeingATwatItsABingThing Sun 08-Jan-17 15:48:40

I'd have woken him up to do the hoovering. Wouldn't have even let him fall asleep, it's his own fault.

EuropeanSwallow Sun 08-Jan-17 16:06:48

So it was passive aggressive martyr hoovering? Did you leave it screaming in one spot while you huffily picked up objects that were in your path? I think he's probably got the message you're pissed off. If he makes a habit of doing this and you've had it out with him before about not helping with the housework and the kids YANBU. But, if it's a one off and he's normally an equal partner or you've let him get away with it since forever while inwardly seething and furiously hoovering YABU.

ricecrispies16 Sun 08-Jan-17 19:59:13

Haha I was definitely hoovering furiously!

KathArtic Sun 08-Jan-17 20:22:41

Only a 30 minute shit? My Dh can spend hours in there.

purplewoofer Sun 08-Jan-17 21:09:54

DH always complains he is tried too. I am up 3-5 times with toddler that only wants me He stays up late "looking after the dogs" who are fast asleep on the sofa.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now