Talk

Advanced search

Crown fallen off... please help!

(7 Posts)
DaniJade1990 Sat 07-Jan-17 20:27:50

Hi everyone. I know I'm probably being unreasonable and vain but I had an accident when I was young and had to have root canal on a front tooth. It discoloured and weakened over the years and I've had a veneer, followed by a crown. Yesterday my dog bashed me so hard in my face the crown fell out and took the whole tooth with it. There is nothing left at all I look so horrid! I know the best option would be an implant but I'm wondering if anyone knows if my dentist will do something temporarily as I believe it takes a while to get implants? I have uni exams next week and I can't even leave the house at the moment or eat. If there is any dentists on here that could advise me that would be brilliant. Thanks in advance.

langkaw Sat 07-Jan-17 20:30:58

You are not being vain or unreasonable at all. This is my worst nightmare (my mouth is full of crowns) I don't have any advice just wanted to Empathise. Lots of luck.

Autumnchill Sat 07-Jan-17 20:36:02

My front crown fell out at an event in front of Sir Chris Hoy so I completely understand how you feel!!! My dentist did an emergency cap but that too fell out within 2 days and I crunched on it and broke it.

Do you have access to an emergency dentist and then speak to your dentist about more permanent solution?

DaniJade1990 Sat 07-Jan-17 20:42:34

Thanks for your replies! The emergency dentist basically told me There's no point in going to them and to wait till Monday! So I'll be going on Monday but I just hope they put something temporary in!

user1471451802 Sat 07-Jan-17 20:44:10

Look for flippers/snap on teeth. They're not intended for long term, but as an emergency fix they should help. Then start researching implant clinics - I'm having to wait for mine till after pregnancy, but the prices do vary a lot.

Proudmummytodc2 Sat 07-Jan-17 20:46:14

Mines fell out yesterday I went to the pharmacy and got toofypegs it's an emergency repair kit for crowns and fillings it cost me £7 but it's worth it as mines is right at the front so it will do until I can see my dentist to get it fixed properly I've not used it yet tho not long home from getting it

Glastonbury Sat 07-Jan-17 21:02:39

My crown snapped off 4 years ago. The dentist set it back on with strong cement as he couldn't fit me in for a new crown. It's still in place now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now