Talk

Advanced search

To just go on a deleting spree

(5 Posts)
dontbesillyhenry Sat 07-Jan-17 20:23:29

After yet another group of people I thought of as friends have a nice little night out and exclude me from it?

Im sick of it tbh. Old school friends- always forgotten.
Old uni friends- never invited.
School mums- always left out.

Im not an odious person in fact I tend to keep myself to myself and dont get involved in nonsense but people seem to overlook me ALL THE TIME

MycatsaPirate Sat 07-Jan-17 20:26:18

I know how you feel. I don't get invited out with any of the 'girls nights out' gang.

I've just decided to let it go and concentrate on my family. I figure eventually I'll find a group of people who love me as I am.

I had a lovely gang of friends where I used to live but am now 500 miles away from them. Miss them a lot.

haventkilledtheorchidyet Sat 07-Jan-17 20:26:38

Didn't want to read and run. I too sometimes feel like this, but if I take a deep breath and wait a few days things always seem better and I'll have been included in something. It is awful when you feel everyone's shutting you out, but probably not the case! All the best

m0therofdragons Sat 07-Jan-17 20:26:56

I find this really hard. I know so many mums at school (3dc in 3 different classes) so often nights out are planned around who is there when the conversation arises. We inevitably leave people out but it's never deliberate or with spite just busy mums planning a night. Have you organised a night? It's so hard to not leave anyone out. If you overhear someone on the playground just say oooh that sounds fun, can I come too?

mereswinesaliva Tue 10-Jan-17 12:17:38

I tend to keep myself to myself and dont get involved in nonsense

That's likely part of it.

You may be slightly off their radar because you don't push yourself forward and if any of these groups are at all gossipy/bitching and you don't have time for that nonsense, they may be you as too set apart from them.

I think that's happened to me in a couple of jobs. It didn't upset me too much though as they all backstabbed each other too at one time or another and I just don't want to be a part of that.

Try and find better friends if you can. Not easy as I know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now