Talk

Advanced search

To ask about chatline work

(5 Posts)
KnittedBlanketHoles Sat 07-Jan-17 19:09:22

Is anyone doing it, and if so could you hook me up with contacts? I'm thinking of doing it now for a while.

Any thoughts? Experience?

SillySongsWithLarry Sat 07-Jan-17 19:51:44

I know a few people who used to do it but it has massively died down since the rise of web girls. A friend did cam work for a while and regrets it. It can be lucrative though.

amber90 Sat 07-Jan-17 21:56:11

I worked really briefly for a month maybe 5 or 6 years ago to try and generate some extra income after my tenant moved out unexpected. I think the company I work for are the main one you'll come across if you do a search but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say the name.

I filled out an online enquiry form and they pretty much contacted me the next day if I remember correctly. I thought it would be pretty easy money and I guess it was considering i was at home and it only required a bit of a dirty imagination however I'd recommend investing in a phone with a wireless headset. I did the minimum required hours which i think was around 30 or 35 with a night shift and made around £100 a week. I remember it being pretty boring at times, the night shift was busy but so exhausting and all the weirdos called during the night. I remember being creeped right out by old guys :-/. A couple of guys just wanted regular chat which was always a bit of a relief and some guys had really weird requests and I had a couple of females call which was strangely a bit of a relief and I preferred talking to them than the men who called but I didnt last doing it. I found myself dreading the phone ringing more and more and started feeling resentment towards men in general (I know - totally irrational but some of the men would call and tell you their wife was sleeping upstairs and I'd just think PIG!) and I just gave it up in the end.

Good luck though! I hope it works for you. If there's anything else you'd like to know just give me a shout!

KnittedBlanketHoles Mon 09-Jan-17 13:55:13

I'm having second third and fourth thoughts about it. But thank you for the replies and info.

KnittedBlanketHoles Mon 09-Jan-17 13:57:35

Definitely not up for cam work. Getting worried about my benefits being stopped and looking at options whole in still in the health situation I'm in...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now