Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to ram this van blocking me in!?

(56 Posts)
HeadElf Sat 07-Jan-17 13:23:38

envyangry
Been blocked in by a blue van. Parked outside some houses where there are no parking restrictions at all to take 9 mo DTwins for a walk and have come back to find a van parked at a weird angle blocking me in. There's another car parked next to me and no way I can wiggle out without bashing the car or van.

What do I do?

AndShesGone Sat 07-Jan-17 13:24:32

Beep horn ? Have a look inside to see if it's obvious which house he's at?

Nanny0gg Sat 07-Jan-17 13:24:38

knock on doors to find the owner?

Ilovecaindingle Sat 07-Jan-17 13:24:48

Phone the non urgent police number?

ImperialBlether Sat 07-Jan-17 13:25:15

I would call the non-emergency police and give the reg number. Ask them for advice. You might find that if someone sees you on the phone reading the reg number, they come out and shift it.

HeadElf Sat 07-Jan-17 13:27:55

I knocked on 4 doors, only 1 answered and didn't know anything about it and hadn't seen it here before.

I feel bad using police time for something that seems so simple but will have to soon. Thanks

ToDuk Sat 07-Jan-17 13:28:05

Seriously? Look for the owner and ask them to move it.

ToDuk Sat 07-Jan-17 13:28:35

Beep the horn. Don't call the police yet.

HeadElf Sat 07-Jan-17 13:29:10

Yes, seriously hmm

CondensedMilkSarnies Sat 07-Jan-17 13:29:58

I phoned non emergency police when a car parked right across my drive and I couldn't get out to go to work. They said they couldn't do anything about it.

HeadElf Sat 07-Jan-17 13:30:34

Not seriously about the ramming though grin

SadTrombone Sat 07-Jan-17 13:34:22

Lean on the horn for a bit to see if anyone appears?
But other than that I'd have no guilt re calling 101 - you've got 9 month old twins with you!! (...Seriously! wink)

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Sat 07-Jan-17 13:38:02

Lean on the horn.
At the very least it will bring enough angry people out of their houses to either guide you out, or push the van clear.
No need to ring the police quite yet until you've exhausted all other possibilities

HeadElf Sat 07-Jan-17 13:42:47

Someone leaned out a window and told me to shut up when I beeped blush
So annoying plus there's loads of space the other side of him he could have easily just parked in the spot next to my car.

TudorHouse Sat 07-Jan-17 13:42:53

Leaning on the horn will annoy the other people though so I would've hesitant to do that. Unless urgent in that you need to get somewhere I would probably wait. Annoying, yes, but I am a wimp! Then tell them when they get back they are a pain!

TudorHouse Sat 07-Jan-17 13:43:12

Xpost!

NapQueen Sat 07-Jan-17 13:46:18

Are they even parked legally? Looks like the van is half hanging into the road!

PurpleDaisies Sat 07-Jan-17 13:47:37

Oh that's so annoying. Did you ring the police?

SoleBizzz Sat 07-Jan-17 13:51:55

Are you out yet,

QODRestYeMerryGentlemen Sat 07-Jan-17 13:53:37

Bet it's a local twonk being pissy that you've parked

Expellibramus Sat 07-Jan-17 13:55:17

Change their nappies on his bonnet?

HeadElf Sat 07-Jan-17 13:56:26

Nope not out and just going to wait until 2 before I do anything else. I don't really have anywhere to go urgently but the babies won't be happy for much longer!
In my boredom waiting I've made a diagram, because it's mumsnet and parking related.
I'm the yellow car.

HeadElf Sat 07-Jan-17 13:56:56

Scrap the diagram I've uploaded too many pictures today blush

minisoksmakehardwork Sat 07-Jan-17 13:57:12

Try the door of the window commenter. I'd assume it was them, or someone visiting them who was miffed at your parking otherwise why comment. That or ring 101 and ask their help/advice. And when inevitably they can't come out, keep beeping your horn regularly. When the police come because you're causing a noise nuisance they'll perhaps be a little more helpful to your plight.

EuropeanSwallow Sat 07-Jan-17 13:58:29

That's just messed up, are you absolutely sure you're not parked in some kind of restricted or private spot and the van driver's trying to make a point? That's the only reason I can think of for him/her doing that if there was space to the side of you. I think you will have to call the police if you don't want to deal with abuse if you use the horn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now