Talk

Advanced search

I need to rant about OHs cleaning!

(10 Posts)
Crowdblundering Sat 07-Jan-17 13:08:35

Invited some friends around for a takeaway tonight - cue OH spending the last hour cleaning our fucking tiny bathroom (which he cleaned last weekend as we had people over for NYE) he has used a whole thing of Cillit Bang on the sink and then saying he's going to steam mop all the floors etc and has another at least 3 hours of cleaning planned (he's been off all week - the house is not dirty).

AIBU to make this put me off ever inviting people over (he was happy for me to invite them)?!

They are coming to see us not inspect the house - it's a whole day of the bloody weekend wasted ARGH!!!! angry

Birdsgottafly Sat 07-Jan-17 13:10:35

Did you have other plans?

I like cleaning before someone is coming and sometimes in general. If my Partner etc didyhave other plans that I'd stopped, I'd be pissed off at being criticised.

tiej Sat 07-Jan-17 13:12:23

Are you actually complaining about your DH doing too much cleaning? envy

Crowdblundering Sat 07-Jan-17 13:16:12

Yes - it does my head in!

I'll be have a jolly old time in the kitchen cooking (I always clean after myself when I've finished) and he'll come in and start cleaning and washing stuff up that I need!

Badcat666 Sat 07-Jan-17 13:16:17

Can I borrow your husband please? You could rent him out to other MNs for cleaning duties, you could make a fortune!

Crowdblundering Sat 07-Jan-17 13:16:31

He's in the Military....

Soubriquet Sat 07-Jan-17 13:17:39

My dh likes to clean the house before we have visitors

But it takes him about 2 hours to do the entire house not just 1 hour in the bathroom alone

Crowdblundering Sat 07-Jan-17 13:23:16

I would rent him out - he has very low availability though grin

We didn't have plans as such but we have no kids this weekend (out of 6).

Alwayscheerful Sat 07-Jan-17 13:23:57

I would be more inclined to invite guests, that way your house will be sparkling. smile

Crowdblundering Sat 07-Jan-17 13:47:37

I guess so - but I actually want to spend "quality" time together - I am now consigned to upstairs as all the floors are wet!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now