Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to not have a 'proper' skincare 'regime'?!

(47 Posts)
Ibloodyhatethomasthetankengine Fri 06-Jan-17 20:39:12

This is it:

Morning:
- wash face in shower, then pat dry upon exit.

Evening:
- Remove make up with a wet wipe (yes, an actual wet wipe of the nappy kind, not a fancy face wipe)
- wash face and pat dry

Done.

Am I alone? I'm 35 and DM seems horrified not a 'toner' or 'night cream' in sight.....

ssd Fri 06-Jan-17 20:41:28

surely if it suits you thats all that matters?

Salmotrutta Fri 06-Jan-17 20:42:23

Oooh, I wash face in morning and slap on a bit of moisturiser (I have ultra dry skin) but after my nightly face wash I don't put on night cream.

I probably should as my skin is like paper grin

It's probably a bit late now mind you given I'm in my later 50s!!

early30smum Fri 06-Jan-17 20:42:56

Me too. Maybe because I spend all my cash on DD's activities and food for the family. wink

I have a basic face wash, remove any make up (which is only on special occasions!) with whatever brand cloths are on offer and if I've run out I use baby wipes. Have got a moisturiser but mostly forget to use it. I'm lucky I've got good skin for now but probably should start looking after it. You are not alone or BU!

chitofftheshovel Fri 06-Jan-17 20:43:27

Some days I don't wash my face at all

Ibloodyhatethomasthetankengine Fri 06-Jan-17 20:44:47

I agree ssd but just wanted to see if it was as weird as I was led to believe....

sailorcherries Fri 06-Jan-17 20:47:55

I take my make up off with a microfiber cloth and water (yes like the ones you can dust with ...). It's a good, gentle exfoliation and removes every ounce of makeup. My skin has never been better.

Bar water and that cloth I only moisturise in the morning as I can get very sore, dry skin.

ssd Fri 06-Jan-17 20:47:58

its not weird at all, you sound clean to me!

haveacupoftea Fri 06-Jan-17 20:51:00

I wash my face in the shower ever morning, use some Nivea for men moisturiser DP got for Christmas and didn't want, and thats about it. I hardly ever bother washing my face at night despite having mircellar water and cotton wool beside the bed

Daisyfrumps Fri 06-Jan-17 20:52:11

Friend of mine nearly threw a fit when she heard I also use baby wet wipes on my face! But then she was trying to set up a MLM business with ridiculously priced face creams.

Use moisturiser on face twice a day though otherwise I turn into a flake. Any body lotion does the job.

Always get complimented on the state of my skin by the therapist on the v.rare occasion I have a facial... So does me no harm.

Daisyfrumps Fri 06-Jan-17 20:54:34

Thinking back to my teenage years when I used toner and thought it was important it's not grin

BertieBotts Fri 06-Jan-17 20:55:34

I am the same OP, only started using special face wash in the shower recently, don't wear make up so no need to remove. I don't use any kind of creams.

Surely these creams are not necessary, they are just marketing stuff? I don't want to put a whole load of cream on my skin to sit there for hours anyway.

I do get spots though blush so probably should try a bit harder. I have recently started putting cold water on my face when I get out of the shower as DH swears it makes a difference.

Minstrelsareyum Fri 06-Jan-17 20:56:27

Wash face with warm to hot water, using hands, pat dry. If make up been on (foundation, blusher, eye liner) I do exactly the same and have done so for last 18 months. Horrifying isn't it. Used to use a cleanser, ran out of it and never bought any more. Do remove eye liner with bit of tissue. Water seems to take everything off.

Moisturise with E45 morning and evening. Skin blemish free and clear.

BreakfastAtStephanies Fri 06-Jan-17 20:56:59

I do the same as you, OP except I don't wash my face again after removing make up with a face wipe.

I do use a proper face wipe though, as some types irritate.

Night cream is too heavy and greasy and who can be bothered at bedtime ?

I have good skin on this minimal skincare regime.

ElleMcElle Fri 06-Jan-17 20:57:06

I'm the same age as you and have a very similar routine (or lack of) - but I don't wear make up, so I convince myself that overall my skin is pretty healthy?! I bought a serum from Boots but hardly ever remember to use it. I suspect lifestyle things like not smoking and not drinking too much alcohol have a much bigger impact than lotions and potions.

PotatoVegetable Fri 06-Jan-17 20:58:01

I use babywipes. That's it for my regime.

BreakfastAtStephanies Fri 06-Jan-17 20:58:23

I'm pretty sure the best thing for your skin is to drink plenty of water during the day.

Dahlietta Fri 06-Jan-17 21:00:18

I splash cold water on my face in the morning. I never wash it. Never wear make up. I do drink lots of water though and I actually have pretty good skin!

SomewhatIdiosyncratic Fri 06-Jan-17 21:01:42

Splash with water. Dry with towel.
Apply basic moisturiser if feeling dry.
Job done.

Happy complexion

dowhatnow Fri 06-Jan-17 21:15:45

Only water ever goes on my face with the exception of Garnier eye make up remover the morning after. I don't use foundation though. My skin is good for my 50 years.

Whenever I have tried to cleanse, tone and moisturise, I've ended up with spots.

witsender Fri 06-Jan-17 21:20:10

Depends what suits your skin surely? Mine has always needed TLC, awful excema as a child and if I went anywhere near it with a baby wipe I'd be in a lot of discomfort quite quickly! And without moisturiser, it would fall off.

TooMinty Fri 06-Jan-17 21:23:00

I don't tend to wear makeup so mine is even more minimal - wash face in shower in the morning!

dollydaydream114 Fri 06-Jan-17 21:32:40

I'm obsessed with skincare and I have a routine of various day/night products that I stick to - but if what you do suits you, of course YANBU! If you were having problems with your skin, that might be a different matter, but if what you do leaves your skin healthy and feeling comfortable, that is all that matters. It's nobody else's business.

Stitchosaurus Fri 06-Jan-17 21:35:28

I used to have no routine but my skin looks so much better now I do. If you're happy with your skin, it's obviously working for you.

BuntyFigglesworthSpiffington Fri 06-Jan-17 21:41:48

I dab some badger wee on my face and then pat it dry with a hedgehog.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now