Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To not be enjoying my baby's new found kicking ability?!

(38 Posts)
SanitysSake Fri 06-Jan-17 17:53:47

I am 22 weeks + 3. Up until two weeks ago, the baby's movements were light. Butterfly like. I was elated, warm and fuzzy full of love. Oh how this has changed! (Not the love bit - of course that's still there!)

The Giraffe I have inside me has taken to kicking the crap outta me! It's moving all the time. It's freaking me out and bordering on the unpleasant! Hell, it is unpleasant.

We went for our scan recently and the sonographer even commented on the length of the child and how active it is...

I have been very upset recently.. and wondered whether there might be a correlation?

Feeling so freaked out and I'm not really liking the sensation. (I also have SPD and a pretty bad back) I'm hoping this might improve when there's less room for the squiddle to summersault about?

Help ladies!

Opinions greatly appreciated!

-x-

Flanderspigeonmurderer Fri 06-Jan-17 17:59:06

22 weeks, pah! Sorry it only gets worse from here on. Mine kicks my bladder so hard it makes me cross my legs. You just get used to it and mentally cross of the days until you're due.

SanitysSake Fri 06-Jan-17 18:36:03

Oh god nooooooooooo!!! ;)

Amummyatlast Fri 06-Jan-17 18:38:41

Mine used to love head butting my cervix. She was particularly active in meetings and seemed to like the sound of male voices. So I had to try and make sensible suggestions while being battered on the inside.

Tootsiepops Fri 06-Jan-17 18:43:21

My daughter hated malls and used to kick me so hard in the cervix that on more than one occasion, we had to cut our shopping trip short.

Soubriquet Fri 06-Jan-17 18:45:46

Yeah sorry it only gets worse

They flip over all the time, kick the bladder so you constantly need a wee and yes sometimes it hurts

My ds managed to get a foot behind my rib. Now THAT hurt!

Cheby Fri 06-Jan-17 18:47:56

Umm yeah. Sorry to say it doesn't really get easier. By the end your lungs and stomach will be compressed from the size of the baby. I used to eat dinner, then DD would wake up and shuffle about, start kicking, my stomach would get squashed and I'd throw up the meal I'd just eaten. Not very glamorous.

I'm 27 weeks with DD2 and currently being kicked (or punched, because I'm pretty sure she is head down) in the bladder making me feel
Like I'm going to wet myself each time.

Pregnancy is wonderful and awful at the same time!

SanitysSake Fri 06-Jan-17 18:51:38

That's what's happening to me!!! It's almost to the point where I'm looking like a footballer who has been kicked in the fruit!

Felt really silly when I got a raised ' you're over egging the pudding's eyebrow or two from the in-laws when I said Giraffe was doing it quite hard on occasion... Until the sonographer said 'crikey, this one is really active and really low down. Poor you!'

Almost felt vindicated!

Hoping to find something edible which might slow it down a bit? I dunno.. hemp?!!

(That was a joke btw ;) )

TaliZorahVasNormandy Fri 06-Jan-17 18:52:30

From the 2 scan DD did not stop moving. Sometimes it felt like she was trying to kick her way out of me.

SenseiWoo Fri 06-Jan-17 18:54:54

Well, DD was like that and got worse as time went on. She stayed transverse and kicked like a kangaroo on amphetamines. So I ended up with a caesarean for unstable lie and a little girl who never stops.

TaliZorahVasNormandy Fri 06-Jan-17 19:01:07

Oh and 9 years later, she still hasnt bloody stopped moving.

SanitysSake Fri 06-Jan-17 19:05:19

And there was me hoping for one of those happy sedentary babies that gurgles, smiles and sleeps most of the time...

Deep joy! hmm

FourForYouGlenCoco Fri 06-Jan-17 19:11:02

I actually think it does get better! My second baby was insanely active from about 16w onwards and in the middle months, while he still had room to move, it was horrible - it was like a washing machine churning round and round! It used to make me feel quite sick, like being seasick, with the constant motion. It got better once I got to about 30ish weeks and he ran out of room a bit and couldn't do the neverending swishing round and round any more. Then he started pushing his feet out like he was trying to burst out of my side every other minute instead - but at least that didn't make me feel pukey grin

thecatsarecrazy Fri 06-Jan-17 19:12:38

36 weeks here and very painful baby movements now

SparklyFuckingBusinessFairy Fri 06-Jan-17 19:13:15

At least you know the baby giraffe is OK. I had a lazy baby (or to be more accurate, she seemed to make small movements that I didn't feel as much) and was in and out of hospital being scanned, 3 times a day for a heartrate check for the last few weeks.

I'd take a kicker over that, honestly - make the most of knowing that they're happy in there smile

DullUserName Fri 06-Jan-17 19:22:25

DC1 used to get hiccups, with their head resting on my bladder.
DC2 used to stretch one leg out straight so that DH could distinctly feel the heel and foot sticking out.

SanitysSake Fri 06-Jan-17 19:23:02

Coco.. that's exactly how it feels. I have the option of eating all manner of tasty snacks for dinner tonight, but I've picked like a bird today for that very reason. Along with the occasional outbursts of 'bloody hell!!' when Giraffe gives it their best shot whilst on full spin.

Crazy - you poor love. Hope it eases up for you soon.

Fairy - I know you're absolutely right. Can't help but feel slightly miffed I can't eat the world on a Friday night!

HughLauriesStubble Fri 06-Jan-17 19:23:41

Wait for the fanny daggers when they start bouncing their head on your cervix <wince> shock

I'm 30 weeks tomorrow and for the last week have been getting woke at all hours by physically painful jabs to my side confused

MrsMozart Fri 06-Jan-17 19:28:29

Just don't rest a cup of tea on your bump unless you want to end up wearing it...

When D1 was born I had to the cut feet off her babygrows as they were all too short.

I hope things calm down soon for you OP!

ExpectoPatronummmm Fri 06-Jan-17 19:39:57

If I was you I would feel great ful the baby is kicking and well
Because when u get to the stage of counting kicks (28 weeks plus) and have a panic coz you haven't felt it in a while you will feel crap for moaning about it here

Foggymist Fri 06-Jan-17 19:53:09

Ugh the movements from 30 weeks onwards (to birth at 37) were just awful. I had almost no bump, just a giant baby shoved up under my ribs. I couldn't breathe, my stomach muscles ached from having to sit upright because if I slouched or pulled my legs up I compressed his space and made it worse. Could not get comfy, nightmare!

NoCryingInEngineering Fri 06-Jan-17 20:05:21

I remember sitting in a meeting at about 36 weeks and the bloke opposite going pale as the babys foot visably moved across my bump. He used to party for an hour about 45mins after I ate anything more than a biscuit.

SanitysSake Fri 06-Jan-17 20:16:43

For the benefit of the discussion, I'm grateful the baby is alive and kicking. Of course I am. Just good humoured shock at how immense the sensation is. Sorry that its not the same sometimes for others...

Some of these stories are hilarious. Despite the discomfort I'm kinda looking forward to Squiddle giving my partner a right royal boot! He certainly deserves it ;)

Laska5772 Fri 06-Jan-17 20:34:29

It was the elbow or knee sticking out that used to make me laugh (not) . Then he would move totally to one side and i'd have this wedge sticking out - which meant I couldnt even rest one arm flat against my body - and a flat stomach the other half (interesting).. The worst was when head was engaged , he'd stretch out long, long, so I'd have a head pressing on cervix and hard feet under my ribs .. Arrggh!

That was 26 years ago.. He is still a great stretchy uncoordinated lummox and huge - tall and broad ( but I love him, loads ) . Never had a 2nd though!!

Rollonbedtime7pm Fri 06-Jan-17 21:05:48

I just had football bumps for each of my 3 babies and by the end I used to feel like they were going to break through the skin! And yes, there is no feeling quite like the headbutt to the cervix...confused used to make me jump up off the chair!

But, DC3 who was a big wriggler and jabber and headbutter all day long is a super chilled, totally contented baby so there is hope! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now