Talk

Advanced search

MLM/direct selling

(8 Posts)
alltheothernamesareinuse Fri 06-Jan-17 16:04:48

I have been approached/hounded by friends in the past to buy:
Candles from PartyLite
Supplements from Herbalife
Face stuff from Forever Living. Most of the time the poducts have been quite good, but really expensive.
It has made me distance myself from people, especially when they start going on about how successful they are and that I should have a go etc...
Just thought it might be interesting to see how many of these types of companies are out there.

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 06-Jan-17 16:08:17

There's a great thread on, I think maybe Chat, about them.

I've had PartyLite, some dips and kitchen crap, It Works! and some photo books making one.

All shit and overpriced.

AllPowerfulLizardPerson Fri 06-Jan-17 16:08:31

mlmconsultant.com/mlm_company_list_directory.htm

Hundreds!

JustSpeakSense Fri 06-Jan-17 16:12:24

I have been hounded my a 'forever living' seller, having shown no interest whatsoever.

I had to unfollower her on FB and block her number. It's a pity, she was a friend and a nice person.

icanteven Fri 06-Jan-17 16:17:23

You know, I've only ever come across MLM's on here. I've never met anyone in real life selling this sort of stuff at all.

HollyJollyDillydolly Fri 06-Jan-17 16:23:30

Isn't bodyshop at home classed as mlm if Avon is?

harderandharder2breathe Fri 06-Jan-17 16:39:25

A few women in my office do various ones, but possibly because it's in addition to a full time job, they're not too full on about it thankfully

ApocalypseNowt Fri 06-Jan-17 16:42:46

I've just had yet another message off a friend trying to get me into FL. She even mentioned her not-yet-born third DC as a reason for her wanting to make a success of the business.

I thought she'd got the message that i wasn't interested as I've never replied to any messages, fb statuses, anything related to FL.

I'm actually a bit sad. Don't think it's going too well for her but equally I don't want to be hounded.

How many fecking messages do i have to pointedly ignore before i'm left alone?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now