Talk

Advanced search

Who is BU - myself or my husband?

(12 Posts)
kel12345 Fri 06-Jan-17 10:46:13

Okay so here's the thing. My little boy is 16 months old, and he sleeps in his cot in our bedroom (purely because I'm not ready to move him yet).
From birth he always slept in his crib in our room, and only ever had a cellular blanket and the coverlet from his crib bedding set over him. He was always perfectly warm and okay.
Since he went in his cot, we've used the coverlet from the cot bedding set, as well as the blanket from the set as well when it's cold. (I don't like sleeping bags or anything like that at all).
Anyway he always kicks the blankets off, but he's always okay. I always cover him up with the coverlet and blanket at the moment because it's so cold. But my husband says I'm going to make him too hot and he doesn't need both. I always check him and he never feels too warm.
Is my husband BU about this? I think he needs both, especially at the moment, dh doesn't. (He will be having a quilt when he goes into his toddler bed).

Zarachristmas Fri 06-Jan-17 10:50:56

Why don't you like sleeping bags?

Nicnak2223 Fri 06-Jan-17 10:51:21

How warm is your house? What is your child wearing to bed? My ds is 1 and can sleep in either a sleeping bag or a duvet and wears vest and sleep suit to bed and my house is warm (20 degrees ish)

Zarachristmas Fri 06-Jan-17 10:54:46

It really does depend on how warm your house is an what he's wearing to bed.

There's probably some info online with correct tog rating. Babies and young children don't need such high tog as adults.

My 18 month old goes in a sleep suit and a 2.5tog grobag.

AllTheBabies Fri 06-Jan-17 10:57:10

Depends on the temperature of your house and also your child.

My dd1 will sleep naked and still kick her covers off and not be cold. Dd2 has to wear extra layers and still feels the cold.

MrsBobDylan Fri 06-Jan-17 10:57:32

If he's sleeping fine I would stop worrying and keep putting both blankets over him. He is of an age where he will kick them off and sleep with no covers for most of the night anyway, regardless of what you and dh decidegrin

insertwittynickname Fri 06-Jan-17 10:57:33

It depends what temperature the room is. Why don't you like sleeping bags? They're safer than blankets in my opinion and come with a handy guide on what to wear and what tog rating depending on temperature of room.

insertwittynickname Fri 06-Jan-17 10:58:52

I've just read he's 16 months and not 6 months (I missed the 1) at that age (and any age indeed) he would like wake and cry if he was cold.

HiggeldyPiggeldy Fri 06-Jan-17 11:02:09

depends on the temperature in the room, if its 26 he will be to hot if its minus 5 he may be cold.

He would wake up if he was to hot or cold so I wouldn't worry

PizzaPlease Fri 06-Jan-17 11:07:56

Yeah, I agree with the others. Grobags are a fantastic way of keeping blankets on safely and being able to put a specific tog on is very useful, especially when paired with the groegg. You might not like them but that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be the best solution to your problem.

diddl Fri 06-Jan-17 11:24:35

Leave it one night & see if he sleeps through?

If he is getting too hot, then something that he can't kick off obviously isn't a solution.

DailyFail1 Fri 06-Jan-17 12:03:07

Agree that grobags are the best solution here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now