Talk

Advanced search

Is it me or is the latest Boden catalogue just hideous

(33 Posts)
Wheredidallthejaffacakesgo Fri 06-Jan-17 09:53:28

I flicked through it expecting to see one or two things I liked, and had a complete Per Una moment. Weird synthetic looking stretchy frump dresses and stuff with odd nautical bits. It hasn't always been this bad, has it? Even the kids catalogue is pretty poor this time.

deliciousdevilwoman Fri 06-Jan-17 11:26:28

I don't wear the women's stuff (not my style)but the girls stuff in this latest catalogue is hideous! Particularly the dresses. I ordered DD quite a bit before Christmas, but won't be ordering a thing from this one. Just nasty.

Kittykatmacbill Fri 06-Jan-17 11:53:03

Ladies stuff is all a bit weird, particularly the notion that anyone is looking for a full length halterneck sundress in January... or maybe that's just me!hmm

But thought the preshool age girlstuff was really nice, all the seaside / lighthouse rescue boat stuff was adorable. And will def get some for dd1s bday in the spring grin

NavyandWhite Fri 06-Jan-17 11:55:00

One came through the post yesterday, I had a quick flick through and thought the same as you OP. Absolutely dreadful stuff and the same clothes as usual (if not worse)

Overpriced horrors!

stopfuckingshoutingatme Fri 06-Jan-17 11:58:17

Per Una tastic, agree

DailyFail1 Fri 06-Jan-17 11:59:01

Not just you. I hate Boden - think it's all v frumpy

ChestnutsRoasting Fri 06-Jan-17 12:05:23

A lot of the children's stuff is quite like Jools Oliver's Mother care range, I thought. Little Bird, I think it's called. Retro rainbows etc.

ChestnutsRoasting Fri 06-Jan-17 12:08:37

Mothercare, even. Bloody phone.

Decanter Fri 06-Jan-17 12:15:36

Dunno, I have just put it in the recycling without even opening it!

MaryMargaret Fri 06-Jan-17 12:18:28

Blimey, 2nd thread on this! Well deserved though smile

BelladiNotte Fri 06-Jan-17 12:34:00

Mine arrived yesterday. Quick look through, then straight in the recycling bin. Seems I'm not alone, then.

user1471545174 Fri 06-Jan-17 13:07:41

They have lost sight of their original customer. So many companies do this. A lot of identitat there now, and fake fabrics.

Wheredidallthejaffacakesgo Fri 06-Jan-17 13:17:28

I can't work out who their target market is now. Some of the stuff just really isn't nice: it is as if it is pretending to be marketed at wealthy people who swan around yachts, beaches and chichi Southern European towns (based on the pictures) but the sort of people who do that can clearly afford to be much better dressed.

Daisyfrumps Fri 06-Jan-17 13:24:27

Ugh. An orange V neck Jersey for £70. I'm out on price alone. Some nice wrap dresses but they're everywhere now and they're not £90..

amusedbush Fri 06-Jan-17 13:26:42

I've always thought it was very pricey for what it is and I wouldn't wear anything they sell. It all seems a bit dowdy.

Sandybum Fri 06-Jan-17 13:28:36

I thought the same - just awful. Will save me some money though I suppose!

GoofyIsACow Fri 06-Jan-17 13:35:04

Mine arrived yesterday and i hadn't had chance to look at it, just did, i don't ever buy the womenswear because i find it expensive, but i see what you mean!

Madcats Fri 06-Jan-17 13:42:50

Thank goodness it isn't just me feeling old! I've been a Boden customer since the mid-90's but very rarely buy anything from the ladies range. DD is a bit of a tomboy (so pastel bottoms are doomed to failure). I can't see her liking anything there other than the pants (which are usually pretty robust BTW).

The first day of winter was 21 December and we get a summer catalogue 2 weeks later.

EthelEgbert Fri 06-Jan-17 13:45:42

Their boys clothes and pyjamas are good though. My boys like them.

I didn't even look at the catalogue yesterday for myself. I sometimes buy accessories but not much else.

KoalaDownUnder Fri 06-Jan-17 13:46:23

YANBU. A bizarre mixture of frumptastic and twee.

And the prices! J

QueenoftheAndals Fri 06-Jan-17 16:16:28

I can't work out who their target market is now.

Primary school teachers, by the look of it!

Troubleinstore Fri 06-Jan-17 16:48:19

£81 for a lacy top.. (should be £90!) disgustingly expensive. I used to buy th odd dress many moons ago but this is just taking the P

BakeOffBiscuits Fri 06-Jan-17 16:51:27

I flicked through mine and put it straight into the recycling bin.

The prices are ludicrous for what they are, even when they do their frequent 25% off. The quality is way down on what it used to be.

Ncbecauseitshard Fri 06-Jan-17 17:29:41

It's not in primary school teachers price range is it?

hooliodancer Fri 06-Jan-17 17:34:43

I saw a dress I really really liked- cotton and linen summer basic dress. But it's 90 bloody quid! Even with the usual 20% off that's just astronomical.

I used to love the cotton summer dresses they did, I had loads. But now I smart as fuck due to the perimenopause they are all up in the loft, and Boden don't do them any more. It's all horrible clingy jersey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now