Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

MIL being a bit rubbish

(4 Posts)
mirrormirror10 Thu 05-Jan-17 22:33:17

I'm trying to toilet train my DS (he's 2.4). He's been in pants since Saturday and has been doing so well until today.

I picked him up from MIL after work and she was really frustrated that he'd had an accident. I said that they're going to happen and that he had plenty of pants and clothes with him.

She started to talk about his accident and it transpired that she'd walked him into town in his buggy for over an hour and hadn't taken anything with her as a change for him (no bag with clothes or nappies confused that I leave with her in the morning as she'd left that at home)

When DS had started to moan that he needed the toilet she didn't know where the nearest public toilet was and he ended up wetting himself and the buggy.

I explained when I dropped him off this morning that we're still at the stage (5 days in!) where we can't stray far from a toilet.

I suppose I didn't expect her to take him out for such a long period at this early stage in the training process (or at least have taken a change with her)

I'm not sure if AIBU to expect her to just have a quiet day in when she knows he's been toilet trained and has been doing really well at nursery and at home and we've nearly
Cracked it!

QueenMortificado Thu 05-Jan-17 22:35:39

I'd say that's annoying for you and upsetting for your ds, but I imagine much more stressful than her

She knows now what to do and why you gave clothes etc and won't do it again presumably, so it's annoying but I'd let it go. As long as your son is ok and isn't upset etc etc.

KindergartenKop Thu 05-Jan-17 22:35:57

She was unreasonable. At that stage they need reminding to see at least every 30mins.

Blossomdeary Thu 05-Jan-17 22:38:46

Perhaps you now know that she needs slightly more detailed information. And there is no reason why she should not help him to have what we call a "country wee" - i.e. in the verge/gutter or whatever!

But it does sound as though DS is doing well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now