Talk

Advanced search

Can I Just Fucking Vent

(97 Posts)
EtTuTuttiFrutti Thu 05-Jan-17 21:43:46

i've got cancer.
Breast Cancer.

It's shit.

But can I just fucking vent... about the people that regale me about ...

Their relatives that died ... and the absolute agony that they went through getting to their death

The people that have survived and how fucking Brilliant they were.

The fucking people that hug me and don't respect my space... just because I've got cancer. Fuck off .

Smoothyloopy Thu 05-Jan-17 21:47:24

flowers

Caboodle Thu 05-Jan-17 21:49:10

Vent away.

FeralBeryl Thu 05-Jan-17 21:50:04

Yes, yes of course you can flowers
You deal with this news exactly how you need to. Just know we're here with ears and hand holding if you need it.

BastardGoDarkly Thu 05-Jan-17 21:50:21

Vent away Etu its fucking shit love flowers

GodSaveFuManchu Thu 05-Jan-17 21:50:22

Sorry to hear that. That really is shit. flowers

justdontevenfuckingstart Thu 05-Jan-17 21:52:43

That's totally shit Et my colleague always trots out 'well if you haven't got your health you haven't got anything' I want to smack him every time because yeah I am sure people know this.

Hope you're ok and you can tell me to fuck off too if you want.

MollyHuaCha Thu 05-Jan-17 21:52:50

It's pants. So sorry to hear your situation. 🌷🌷🌷
I'm one of the people you mention by the way. Please may I ask a favour? This is a genuine request: please tell me some ideas for responses that would not add to your misery smile

ChanandlerBongsNeighbour Thu 05-Jan-17 21:53:15

flowers Vent away.

harderandharder2breathe Thu 05-Jan-17 21:53:32

flowers vent away

Bitofacow Thu 05-Jan-17 21:54:41

Do you want a hug?

AmeliaJack Thu 05-Jan-17 21:55:02

You are right. It's shit.

flowers

ThinkPinkStink Thu 05-Jan-17 21:55:45

Vent to your heart's content!

I have no idea why people are such dicks (it's like those asshats who tell a newly pregnant person their near-death birth story or about babies lost but x1000).

Cancer is a fucker.

I hope it doesn't feel like I'm trivialising, but there has never been a better time to be sick - the medical profession is near-miraculous.

Have these cakeflowerscake

beanfilledfish Thu 05-Jan-17 21:55:50

my mum had breast cancer when I was about 10 and I found it fascinating to play with the insert she put in her bra

Bluesrunthegame Thu 05-Jan-17 21:56:49

Vent away. Here are some flowers: flowers

Butteredpars1ps Thu 05-Jan-17 21:57:07

Yes. Vent away. flowers that's shit. I'm sorry, it's strange that some people believe that their Aunt Ethel's next door neighbour's hairdresser's Best friends Mother is relevant to you.

What do you want to say?

Ginkypig Thu 05-Jan-17 21:57:41

Vent all you need!

For what it's worth you are still you the cancer isn't you its a shitty disease! People can acknowledge that without it being the only thing they see (while not seeing you)

I don't understand why people get so blinded to the person after they know about the diagnosis.

EtTuTuttiFrutti Thu 05-Jan-17 21:58:14

i'm laughing my way through it.
I'm tryimg to find a way through this whole thing with a sense of myself "Intact".

CremeBrulee Thu 05-Jan-17 21:59:32

cakewineflowers people can be such unthinking twunts.

We're two years into DHs bladder cancer diagnosis, honestly some of the comments from supposedly intelligent family members and work colleagues have been quite breathtakingly crass.

He's doing well, all clear at last 2 scans, next one in Feb. It's not all doom and gloom.

Therealloislane Thu 05-Jan-17 21:59:45

Oh Et. flowers

No hugs, no shit advice, just here to sit on a seat (and maybe make a cuppa brew or clean your bathroom)

Have you started treatment? X

Sundance01 Thu 05-Jan-17 22:00:17

I'll join you - I have ocular cancer and soooo fed up with the you're so brave comments and the simpering looks. I would rather someone just said that's shit.

MaryPoppinsPenguins Thu 05-Jan-17 22:01:14

Vent to your hearts content! flowers

Therealloislane Thu 05-Jan-17 22:01:38

My sister has cancer, a rare form that only 5% of people get & yesterday she was regaling me in song ala Alvin the Chipmunk.... steroid's have given her beautiful chipmunk cheeks & a moustache grin

DayToDayGlobalShit Thu 05-Jan-17 22:02:41

Sorry to read this. Can I also ask what should people say at such times? Genuine question as my friends who have had cancer always wanted to hear positive stories

Stormwhale Thu 05-Jan-17 22:03:42

Mil feels exactly as you do. I have had to talk her down on a few occasions because of the fucking stupid things people do and say since she was diagnosed. Seriously people, engage your brains before speaking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now