Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to want a night away

(15 Posts)
Ruskyrobins24 Thu 05-Jan-17 21:21:49

I have a 2.5yr old DS and a12 week old baby. Some of my best girl friends who live at opposite ends of the country have just organised a night away in a few months time and I'm dying to go. I've not been out or seen them all properly for at least a year!

Raised it with hubby tonight and he has kicked up a stink about me staying over night, saying it's unfair, what if the kids need me and he wouldn't do that to me. (Which to be fair is true; he has turned down fun things to stay at home although I wouldn't mind if he did go). He'd rather I just go for the day and miss the meal and evening in the hotel.

AIBU to think he can cope with 2 on his own for a night??

(He's never done it before and baby will be 5 months by then)

Dilligaf81 Thu 05-Jan-17 21:25:16

What if the kids need you?? They wont theyll be fine with their dad.
He needs a bit of practice with the kids on his own, what if you were admitted to hospital ? Or had to go away unexpectedly? Hes a parent and needs to step up, if he wouldnt do it hats his decision not one youve pushed onto him.
Go and have a great time.

CurlsandCurves Thu 05-Jan-17 21:26:07

YANBU.
At 12 weeks I'd be hesitant myself to leave the youngest, but that's just me. However by 5mths if your boobs are not required then why not?

With both of mine I'd stopped feeding and went away on my own at 9mths. Newborns are hard work, you deserve a break. For one night, he can handle it, he's just being a big wuss!

Ruskyrobins24 Thu 05-Jan-17 21:27:22

For some reason he keeps saying he just thinks it's 'wrong' for me to go away for a night...but I do think he's just being lazy...

CurlsandCurves Thu 05-Jan-17 21:27:41

I wobbled a bit the first time. But my friend reminded me, they are in their own home,sleeping in their own bed, with their own father. They won't even notice you're not there.

SparkleShinyGlitter Thu 05-Jan-17 21:33:02

What if the child needs you? Well a child has two parents and should be able to survive 2 nights with just 1 parent instead of 2 confused he could try being a Dad for 2 nights!

Why shouldn't you have 2 nights to yourself it's a perfectly reasonable request and your partner should be supportive tbh.

Go and enjoy yourself lovely! My DD is a few months old and I've already been away overninght, DH was fine with it and managed fine

user1480946351 Thu 05-Jan-17 21:34:13

He means its wrong for him to man the fuck up and look after his own children for ONE night.
Lazy bollocks. Don't ask him if you can go, tell him you are going.

LockedOutOfMN Thu 05-Jan-17 21:35:25

Not unreasonable, go, enjoy.

Pinkheart5915 Thu 05-Jan-17 21:40:18

"Wrong for you to go away" why? If my dh told me it was wrong for me to go away I honestly think I'd laugh, I had children with him and I fully expect him to be a Dad ( my DH is great so no complaints)

As for what if the child needs you, well the child will be with its Father who is an adult and should be able to cope with his own child.

My dc are 16 months and 5 months and I've been always for about 5-6 weekends with the girls plus nights out, it's pretty never been an issue.

Go and enjoy yourself it's not an unreasonable request

WineIsMyMainVice Thu 05-Jan-17 21:42:22

Go for it!!!!! YANB at ALL U!!!!
With two small children of that age, I'm sure you need a break. And certainly deserve it!!
I've been a parent for 4 and 1/2 years, and rarely get a night off or a day out on my own. But those rare ocassions are a real tonic to be honest!
You are a person aside from being mum!
Your DC will be fine with thier dad and it will do you all good! Go enjoy.

FeckinCrutches Thu 05-Jan-17 21:44:46

He sounds like a lazy shite. My husband works away, so I get to have a few nights/weekends away

shaggedthruahedgebackwards Thu 05-Jan-17 21:45:11

YANBU

Unless you will still be exclusively bf'ing the baby by that point I can't think of any reason why your DH shouldn't be able to manage

BuntyFigglesworthSpiffington Thu 05-Jan-17 21:47:15

Go!

Just because he has turned down similar nights away is neither here nor there. Your kids will be in the care of their other parent. Imagine wanting an annual night out, oh the decadence! 😒

Have a great time!

girlelephant Thu 05-Jan-17 21:55:42

Go and have fun! I'm sure you would encourage him to do the same as each of you should be able to have a night off/away.

seasidesally Thu 05-Jan-17 22:11:04

he sounds very selfish and is thinking of himself

go they will all still be there when you get back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now