Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think I should be able to get into my car?

(107 Posts)
Breagha85 Thu 05-Jan-17 13:29:21

Driver's door blocked by a selfish twunt parked on the pavement between two legally parked cars.
Due to mobility problems I'm not agile enough to get in from the passenger side.
Looks like I'm getting the bus to work this afternoon then.

FatalKittehCharms Thu 05-Jan-17 13:37:24

Is he parked illegally? Could you call police? Council?

MunchMunch Thu 05-Jan-17 13:39:39

Phone the police, they are blocking a footpath.

I wonder how they managed to get out, there's not exactly loads of room either side!

MunchMunch Thu 05-Jan-17 13:40:39

Forgot to add, Arsehole (them not you) grin

Gillian1980 Thu 05-Jan-17 13:42:43

Yanbu. Ring the police non-emergency number. They're parked illegally, blocking a footpath and preventing you from accessing your vehicle.

WaitrosePigeon Thu 05-Jan-17 13:43:20

That's awful. I carry my trusty red lipstick for instances like this so I can leave them a PA message on their windows.

In your case I'd call the police. They can do something about it.

Brightsmoke Thu 05-Jan-17 13:44:44

I was about to say that they are very skinny parking spaces, and then read your OP, definitely call the police (101 not 999) and report. Ok so they wont get it removed, but the car should get a ticket, and you might have a nice PC/PCSO who will happily pull your car forward so you can get in smile

YellowDinosaur Thu 05-Jan-17 13:46:15

Put your photo on youparklikeacunt.com/

Twats. Yanbu

gunsandbanjos Thu 05-Jan-17 13:48:44

What a knob.

Gazelda Thu 05-Jan-17 14:04:43

My mind is boggling at how he/she managed to get out of their car!

Northend77 Thu 05-Jan-17 14:05:44

Very inconsiderate of them. Also, can't see how they got out of their car without knocking against yours - I'd check for dent damage, if you can get in there to see

Northend77 Thu 05-Jan-17 14:06:08

Cross post with Gazelda!

JanuaryIsTheNewMonday Thu 05-Jan-17 14:11:10

When I was 8 months pregnant someone parked so close to me on both sides that I had to get a passing stranger (thinner than me!) to drive my car out of a space

manhowdy Thu 05-Jan-17 14:14:30

SET IT ON FIRE.

(heavily pregnant and quite hormonal today)

HelenaGWells Thu 05-Jan-17 14:20:03

I would also call police tbh it's illegal as well as inconsiderate.

Also yes to how they hell did they get out. They are blocking both your drivers side and their own surely? Assuming the asshole is in the middle I can't even see how they would get out passenger side?

Jaxhog Thu 05-Jan-17 14:20:10

Call the local police. Although it isn't generally illegal to park on the pavement (in the UK), it is illegal to completely obstruct it like this. Our local police tow offenders.

If the Police won't act quickly enough, get a large very sticky notice and put it on the passenger side windscreen with a notice saying 'I park like an idiot'. Oh and take photos.

DailyFail1 Thu 05-Jan-17 14:44:39

Key it or throw a brick through the window (not really)

justanotherusername0 Thu 05-Jan-17 15:34:32

I don't know how bothered you are and it's probably quite a long shot but your post could be identifying as you've posted your car reg

Breagha85 Thu 05-Jan-17 16:33:29

Mine is the black car and it's parked in my own drive (shared). The door on it is quite thick and I'm not exactly skinny, so although I can squeeze down to open the car door I can't get through the gap into the car.
The Megane is the asshole and the other silver car is legally parked on the road.
Police were called hours ago but they don't consider this a priority (despite the fact I'm the emergency contact for my elderly and infirm grandparents).

It's still here angry

Breagha85 Thu 05-Jan-17 16:34:25

That's not my reg just, that's asshole's reg

wasonthelist Thu 05-Jan-17 16:35:42

SET IT ON FIRE.

grin

Lapinlapin Thu 05-Jan-17 16:37:35

That's crazy! I couldn't quite work out the picture to start with, but it was clear that he'd parked badly.

Now that you've explained it, it's even worse! So he's totally blocking the whole pavement as well as stopping access to the driver's seat of 2 cars! Unbelievable.

Sorry you're having such a rubbish day though.

wasonthelist Thu 05-Jan-17 16:37:36

You are very restrained OP, that Megane would have a lot of stuff stuck to it by now.

As for Police, you could try telling them you're going to have to break the windows to move it.....

Breagha85 Thu 05-Jan-17 17:05:07

Five hours now. (At least since I discovered it anyway, so probably longer)!

A daren't do anything to it because I've reported it to the police - assume any damage would automatically be blamed on me.

lalalonglegs Thu 05-Jan-17 17:06:22

Next time report it as abandoned as it has been left on the pavement and has a brick through the windscreen wink.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: